An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Feminists Can't Have Nice Things

PhuturePriest

Oh geeze! So basically the article is saying that men can't talk about being assaulted because they are the privileged ones? And what are these privileges they are talking about? Or do they not even know?

PhuturePriest

Oh geeze! So basically the article is saying that men can't talk about being assaulted because they are the privileged ones? And what are these privileges they are talking about? Or do they not even know?

Men can't talk about it because even if you are assaulted and/or abused, you are still a man and enjoy the many benefits of being a man in this society, therefore despite sharing the same struggle we still have it way better than women.

PhuturePriest

It's a student newspaper. Who even cares? 100% of what they publish is objectively croutons.

Because anything put on paper has inherent weight to it. It is unwise to underestimate the power of the pen, especially when you consider that there are many radical feminists who will eat this up like candy. Remember a long time ago when I posted about a very popular radical feminist blog that claimed all sex between a man and a woman is inherently rape, because sex is inherently violent and unnatural for the female body? It's absolutely ridiculous to people like you and I who aren't drenched in that sort of ideology, but many who are too open-minded and those who are already inclined to such radicalism thought it made perfect sense. Just remember that one of the most famous religions made in the past sixty years was created by a science fiction novelist who bet a friend a million dollars that he could make a religion that people would actually follow.

veritasluxmea

Just remember that one of the most famous religions made in the past sixty years was created by a science fiction novelist who bet a friend a million dollars that he could make a religion that people would actually follow.

What religion was/is that? Flying Spaghetti Monster religion? (Not sure that one "counts" because it's believers don't actually believe in it the same way other people believe God exists.)

veritasluxmea

(Not sure that one "counts" because it's believers don't actually believe in it the same way other people believe God exists.)

Then again, according to their website: 

For the record, I don’t believe Pastafarianism is a parody.

What I say, sometimes, is that some number of Pastafarians do not believe in a literal Flying Spaghetti Monster or our Creation story. And that is perfectly fine — it’s a common thing even in mainstream religion to be skeptical of scripture. The distinction is that in FSM, the culture is more accepting of people who are skeptical-minded, while in many mainstream religions, doubt is seen as an affront to the Dogmatic Truth.

PhuturePriest

What religion was/is that? Flying Spaghetti Monster religion? (Not sure that one "counts" because it's believers don't actually believe in it the same way other people believe God exists.)

Close, actually: Scientology. It was created by a science fiction author whose friend bet a million dollars that he couldn't completely make up a religion that people would sincerely believe in and follow. He made Scientology, got that million dollars, and went on to make more as he made asinine rules in his religion stating followers have to pay more money if they want the next level of enlightenment. He's a financial genius, really. It would be inspiring if it weren't so gravely immoral and contrary to the Church's mission.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6098

Idiots who don't redeem themselves by being funny shouldn't be allowed an outlet to express their opinions and thoughts.

sorry I am still not over the...

instead encouraged men to convince other men to go on taco runs instead of potentially bringing a girl home from a bar.

I can see it now....

"No, no, you are hungry...For tacos, you don't want sex."

I really wonder if that works.

PhuturePriest

sorry I am still not over the...

I can see it now....

"No, no, you are hungry...For tacos, you don't want sex."

I really wonder if that works.

"Bro, cool it; you're just not interpreting your body correctly right now. You know that deep desire for dominance and control you're experiencing that makes you want to take advantage of that girl? Yeah, that means you're just hungry for tacos."