An Old School Catholic Message Board

Unique And Beautiful Nuns Habits?

Discerning13

HopefulHeart

narrowway.jpg

^ I love this image of a Cistercian nun. So beautiful.

Also, the Nashville Dominicans have a lovely habit.

A_Dayin_the_Life_img.png

I can't even begin to tell you how long I've wondered who these sisters are! There was a very large number of them walking the Chartres Pilgrimage this year, and I couldn't for the life of me remember how to ask, "What order are you?" in French. XP Thanks a ton. :)

They accompany pilgrimages as part of their apostolate, along with summer camps, youth events, and retreats/spiritual conferences for adults. They also make arts and crafts (Br. Charles emphasised the importance of manual labour, because Jesus was a carpenter and Charles wanted to imitate him as he was at Nazareth - a hidden life of work and prayer). If you feel drawn to a community that celebrates the Extraordinary Form of the Mass and chants the Office in Latin, then you should definitely check these sisters out. Their daily prayer also involves a lot of Adoration, as this was something very important to Brother Charles - all the communities founded in his spirituality mandate at least an hour, daily.

Ancilla Domini

They accompany pilgrimages as part of their apostolate, along with summer camps, youth events, and retreats/spiritual conferences for adults. They also make arts and crafts (Br. Charles emphasised the importance of manual labour, because Jesus was a carpenter and Charles wanted to imitate him as he was at Nazareth - a hidden life of work and prayer). If you feel drawn to a community that celebrates the Extraordinary Form of the Mass and chants the Office in Latin, then you should definitely check these sisters out. Their daily prayer also involves a lot of Adoration, as this was something very important to Brother Charles - all the communities founded in his spirituality mandate at least an hour, daily.

Wow...that's unbelievable. I can't believe I'd never heard of them before! Thank you so much for the information! They sound wonderful.