An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Gospel As Told By Children

PhuturePriest

I think it's pretty scary how those kids can't keep their pop culture separate from their Bible. That bodes pretty ill for their future theological understanding.

Edited by Gabriela

veritasluxmea

I think it's pretty scary how those kids can't keep their pop culture separate from their Bible. That bodes pretty ill for their future theological understanding.

inb4 atheist "see how kids can't tell the difference between reality and fairytales this proves there is no God checkmate catholics" 

PhuturePriest

They're obviously kids who are in the 3-5 range. I wouldn't view this video as a sign of our future, honestly. There are many more things to worry about for the future, such as the ever-brazening cultural opposition to the Church and the Christian martyrdom in the Middle East.

I think good parenting most often can do more than we might realise.  We have them for the first seven years before their peers start to take over.  I think it was St Ignatius who said something like : give me the child for the first seven years and I will give you the man.  I have seen this born out with my biological son.  I took very ill (bipolar disorder)when he was 7 years old and I worried myself literally ill again and again about him.  My psychiatrist assured me that I had given him the best 7 years of his life and that this would repeat throughout his life.  It did, although at the time I could not see it, only hindsight now is able to do so.  He is now 49years of age and one to be proud of if you take the word of a Mum :hehe2:   My foster son is an excellent human being to be proud about too and he was 9yrs old when I took ill.  He had a terrible background before he came to us and I felt probably was more resilient I had felt although it was devastating for him too.

But parenting is the agony and the ecstasy.  Plenty to concern and worry oneself ill over and lots of rewards too.  And my sons are now 49 and 51years of age and still they are the agony and the ecstasy.  (I have a foster son now 51yrs and fostered when he was 8yrs).

I think we should be concerned about our children and raising them........as well as all the other major problems in our world, problems and suffering.  Probably most we can practically do almost nothing about, but we can pray from our hearts and more powerful than practicalities, while what we can do and do actually do are prayers too.

When I was a child a playmate said to me not to carry the world on my shoulders.  My reply was emphatically that Jesus did.  No idea how I knew so young that we are called to walk in the footsteps of Jesus but I obviously had picked it up from some sound source and I suspect the nuns who taught me along with my own parents.  The nuns were very direct and emphatic in their teachings - Mum and Dad laid out the facts more or less and expected me to conclude for myself.  Good parenting!

Edited by BarbaraTherese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEGTLbW_L00

I died at the 1:48 mark.

Hey at least know we know where you get all your scholarly knowledge from on theology at least.

PhuturePriest

Hey at least know we know where you get all your scholarly knowledge from on theology at least.

Nice attempt at a joke, but...

1458425_873009126053261_6678360964731663