An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medical Marijuana Or Weed In General

BitterHoney

I think everything I don't enjoy or need should be illegal. 

I don't smoke weed.

I think we should outlaw all plants.

Except kale.

Basilisa Marie

I haven't smoked pot and don't plan on it, even though I live in a state where it's legal. 

If tobacco is legal, it's stupid to make weed illegal. I've seen alcohol wreak much more damage than pot. The worst thing I've ever seen pot do to a friend of mine is give her a predisposition to bronchitis. The worst thing I've ever seen alcohol do is put a friend in the hospital, and put them in situations where they hurt themselves, end up in a coma, and never fully recover physically and mentally. 

I haven't smoked pot and don't plan on it, even though I live in a state where it's legal.

If tobacco is legal, it's stupid to make weed illegal. I've seen alcohol wreak much more damage than pot. The worst thing I've ever seen pot do to a friend of mine is give her a predisposition to bronchitis. The worst thing I've ever seen alcohol do is put a friend in the hospital, and put them in situations where they hurt themselves, end up in a coma, and never fully recover physically and mentally.

How does tobacco relate? I'm pretty sure there's a significant difference in immediate effect.

Basilisa Marie

How does tobacco relate? I'm pretty sure there's a significant difference in immediate effect.

Granted, it's not like there are a ton of long term studies on marijuana use, but tobacco's more deadly and dangerous. Well, you could say that cigarettes are definitely more deadly than a blunt, because a blunt just has a plant in it, while a cigarette has a plant plus a bunch of other things.  But if you're comparing it to smoking a bowl, that'd probably be more like smoking pipe tobacco. 

Either way, tobacco is legal. So why shouldn't pot be legal? 

Granted, it's not like there are a ton of long term studies on marijuana use, but tobacco's more deadly and dangerous. Well, you could say that cigarettes are definitely more deadly than a blunt, because a blunt just has a plant in it, while a cigarette has a plant plus a bunch of other things.  But if you're comparing it to smoking a bowl, that'd probably be more like smoking pipe tobacco. 

Smoking a bowl is the same thing as a blunt just in a different medium. 

Plant rolled up in cigar paper = blunt

Plant stuffed into glass hole = bowl

Plant stuffed into glass holder and placed in a water holding thingy = bong

Add flames, breathe, repeat.

Edited by CrossCuT

Terrible argument. You realize that there are politicians who would gladly make tobacco illegal, and the DEA would happily start beating and killing people to enforce the command.

The real question is this: When someone smokes pot, exactly what right of other people is that someone violating? Is there a tort? It's clear there isn't.

Those who advocate prohibition advocate assault, battery, and kidnapping. They also accept killing, and the sexual assaults visited upon people in prison. 

Those who advocate prohibition are in fact advocating that people who use drugs be raped. Prohibitionists are ignorant savages.