An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medical Marijuana Or Weed In General

BitterHoney

Marijuana Fact:
Marijuana is addictive.
About 1 in 6 people who start using as a teen, and 25-50 percent of those who use it every day, become addicted to marijuana.

What percentage of people who use marijuana proceed to become addicted to harder drugs?

Based on the data of addiction to marijuana
my best guess would be that at least one in eight pot smokers move on the Harder drugs

How long after smoking your so called harmless gateway drug marijuana / pot did you start using hard drugs?

The only drug I abuse is caffeine.

That doesn't answer the question.

What happens in your little socially engineered paradise when people who haven't committed a crime violate your rules against vice and then refuse to submit themselves to slave labor you saddle them with?

Exactly what we do now

The only drug I abuse is caffeine.

As a regular pot smoker (addicted) you claim to be, your judgment may be as impaired as your psyche

Exactly what we do now

Okay. You can leave off with the whole "peace" routine you employ. Peace is impossible with your sort.

Are you in the enforcement or political class?

Based on the data of addiction to marijuana
my best guess would be that at least one in eight pot smokers move on the Harder drugs

Your best guess is based on what studies?

And you've established the chain of causation how?

Here's a good jumping off point for learning the history of that "Gateway drug theory", which is a political position, not a scientific one: http://mises.org/library/war-drugs-was-born-100-years-ago

As a regular pot smoker (addicted) you claim to be, your judgment may be as impaired as your psyche

I never claimed to smoke pot, you're confusing me with someone else. And no need to personally attack anyone.

Okay. You can leave off with the whole "peace" routine you employ. Peace is impossible with your sort.

Are you in the enforcement or political class?

I don't follow you brother, explain what you mean. If you're referring to my greeting that is an ancient Christian greeting. And what did the apostles and their successors teach about authority? To rebel or submit?

I personally I'm neither for or against the legalization of marijuana. I'm just against others claiming that marijuana is comparable to alcohol or that the two are approached in the same manner. I'm against Nihils idea that recreational users would opt for low grad THC.

I disagree. I've been "too high" before, it's really an unpleasant feeling. Not everyone who uses marijuana wants to get blown off their @$$ high but people don't want to spend money on crappy weed (that can give headaches among other things) that isn't gonna do jack. If it was more regulated people would know what their getting as well.

Ive been "too high" as well. 

The best comparison would be to getting "too drunk" but without barfing and feeling like garbage after.

No, I don't. I was wondering what Catholics who smoke think about drugs used in spiritual practice.

I think it's a bad idea
I'm a catholic