An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medical Marijuana Or Weed In General

BitterHoney

I don't follow you brother, explain what you mean. If you're referring to my greeting that is an ancient Christian greeting. And what did the apostles and their successors teach about authority? To rebel or submit?

It's one thing to submit to certain demands of people in power. It's quite another to advocate they continue. "Authority" is something the ruling class obviously lacks. What they have is power.

There are plenty of activities I avoid simply because they're the rules set by the idiots in power and it's more peaceful to just go along. I don't support those rules or advocate they continue. The State will never be a source of morality, since it's inherently evil. 

Peace be with you Winchester,

It's one thing to submit to certain demands of people in power. It's quite another to advocate they continue. "Authority" is something the ruling class obviously lacks. What they have is power.

There are plenty of activities I avoid simply because they're the rules set by the idiots in power and it's more peaceful to just go along. I don't support those rules or advocate they continue. The State will never be a source of morality, since it's inherently evil. 

What is your understanding of the Apostle in Romans 13:1-7?

Peace be with you Winchester,

What is your understanding of the Apostle in Romans 13:1-7?

Randy England, a Catholic libertarian, covers it well: http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig13/england-r2.1.1.html

And my avoidance of certain vices doesn't lead me to support the government in committing assault, battery, kidnapping, rape (in the form of cavity searches), and even murder against those who indulge in those vices.

I'm not going to throw the stone, and I'm not going to support anyone who chooses to do so.

I'm not going to throw the stone, and I'm not going to support anyone who chooses to do so.

We're not enemies, winchester, just keep that in mind.

We're not enemies, winchester, just keep that in mind.

As long as you advocate initiation of violence in the name of vice prohibition, you and I are in fact in opposition. 

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
-CS Lewis

As long as you advocate initiation of violence in the name of vice prohibition, you and I are in fact in opposition. 

Faith in Christ above all else, brother

Faith in Christ above all else, brother

I'm sure the people who are raped in prison are comforted by your sanctimony. But at least you're working toward your great society. 

Christianity reduced to platitudes.

Is anyone else reminded of Tab'le Du'bah-rye?

Eh Ark is a much better speller, and much too coherent. Greetings wise, absolutely. Edited by Amppax

Eh Ark is a much better speller, and much too coherent. Greetings wise, absolutely.

I'm thinking only of the non sequitur frequency.