An Old School Catholic Message Board

Medical Marijuana Or Weed In General

BitterHoney

I'm just curious how people can say being high is the moral equivalent of being drunk without much experience or knowledge about what being high is like. Maybe it's just the nomenclature that scares people.

But, back to our regularly scheduled program,  weed is the devil

Both Josh and myself have given our experiences with marijuana and while they have been different we have both been in agreement that they are not approached or used the same as alcohol.

Yea they are not the same. Marijuana is way safer with way less risk of something bad happening. One drink for me is a huge temptation for a bunch more. And when I drink I want to go out and end up usually putting myself in bad situations. And the stupidity of this is not realized or cared about until I'm sober again. If I smoke a little to much I get paranoid and over think things. Anyone that advocates drinking and getting a buzz yet makes blanket statements that you can't use marijuana in moderation without getting "really high" or "stoned" I can't take serious. They either have never used marijuana or they aren't being genuine with their arguement. The whole thing is ridiculous. Pope's used to put cocaine in their drinks. Yet some of you act as if smoking a bowl is going to send a person to the depths of hell. Sorry I disagree. God called it good. I've prayed about it. It's not a sin for me when used in moderation. If it is for you I respect that and I applaud you for abstaining. Edited by Guest

Oremus Pro Invicem

Yea they are not the same. Marijuana is way safer with way less risk of something bad happening. One drink for me is a huge temptation for a bunch more. And when I drink I want to go out and end up usually putting myself in bad situations. And the stupidity of this is not realized until I'm sober again. If I smoke a little to much I get paranoid and over think things. Anyone that advocates drinking and getting a buzz yet makes blanket statements that you can't use marijuana in moderation without getting "really high" or "stoned" I can't take serious. They either never used marijuana or they aren't being genuine with their arguement. The whole thing is ridiculous. Pope's used to put cocaine in their drinks. Yet some of you act as if smoking a bowl is going to send a person to the depths of hell. Sorry I disagree. God called it good. I've prayed about it. It's not a sin for me when used in moderation. If it is for you I respect that and I applaud you for abstaining.

I personally I'm neither for or against the legalization of marijuana. I'm just against others claiming that marijuana is comparable to alcohol or that the two are approached in the same manner. I'm against Nihils idea that recreational users would opt for low grad THC. I'm against the idea that one puff gets you really really high to the point of being incapacitated. I'm also against the idea of calling marijuana evil or the devils tabacco. Edited by Oremus Pro Invicem

I personally I'm neither for or against the legalization of marijuana. I'm just against others claiming that marijuana is comparable to alcohol or that the two are approached in the same manner. I'm against Nihils idea that recreational users would opt for low grad THC. I'm against the idea that one puff gets you really really high to the point of being incapacitated. I'm also against the idea of calling marijuana evil or the devils tabacco.

I feel you. I personally would opt for something not that strong. Although I do understand what you are saying.

Peace be with you Josh,

What is that?

Ayahuasca is an Amazonian hallucinogen. Practitioners believe it unlocks the spiritual word. I was just wondering what you folks thought about it, especially the brothers who regularly smoke. 

All right, I do not think this is going anywhere. If anyone cares to share something that we have not all already heard a thousand times, I will be reading.

Peace be with you Josh,

Ayahuasca is an Amazonian hallucinogen. Practitioners believe it unlocks the spiritual word. I was just wondering what you folks thought about it, especially the brothers who regularly smoke.

Never heard of it and am not interested.

Peace be with you Winchester,

Interesting question, I'm not sure, maybe community service.

And if that is refused? Who is enforcing this? Armed men?

Peace be with you Josh,

How long after smoking your so called harmless gateway drug marijuana / pot did you start using hard drugs?

I'm not an anarchist, my brother.

That doesn't answer the question.

What happens in your little socially engineered paradise when people who haven't committed a crime violate your rules against vice and then refuse to submit themselves to slave labor you saddle them with? 

How long after smoking your so called harmless gateway drug marijuana / pot did you start using hard drugs?

What percentage of people who use marijuana proceed to become addicted to harder drugs?