An Old School Catholic Message Board

Upcoming Come & See Weekends

Luigi

katherineH

I will be attending a retreat with the RSM of Alma in October. Message me of you're also attending :) I actually met another Phamasser at their retreat last year. It's a small world!

sr.christinaosf

I'm looking so much forward to our Mother Daughter Days coming up later in July.  I get to go down to our provincial house to help out!

• 5 weeks later...

From Gethsemani Trappist Abbey in Kentucky: 

COME AND SEE” VOCATION WEEKEND

2 September to 4 September 2016

Experience life in the monastery for a weekend and see 
whether the Lord may be calling you to follow him into this
beautiful vocation called “the monastic life”!

2015_09_05_comeandsee_1_sm.jpg 

• You will attend the “hours” of prayer in choir with the monks, tour the work places of the monks, walk our extensive lands and enjoy the scenic knobs of Kentucky.

• On Sunday morning you will process into the Chapter Room with the monks and be with us as the Abbot gives his weekly spiritual talk to the community.

• There will be sessions for listening to others to see how God has worked in their lives.

• Come and experience a few days in a monastery that has not stopped praising and worshipping God daily in the heart of the Church for over 165 years.    

ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE

Friday September 2nd- arrival in the afternoon before 3:00 p.m.

Sunday September 4th-departure in the afternoon.

Travel details (airport pickup if needed) will be supplied by Fr. Anton. If you are driving "Abbey of Gethsemani" is a destination in Google maps and most GPS devices.

Come and See weekend is open to all single men between the ages of 18 and 35. Participants must be Roman Catholic and enjoy good health of mind and body.

Space is limited so an early response assures a place in the weekend experience. A detailed schedule of the weekend will be given upon arrival.     

If you are interested please contact Fr. Anton atvocations@monks.org or call 502-549-4116.

Please tag the subject line on your email “Come and See”.

DominicanHeart

http://www.filippinivocations.com/#!nun-run/ccwd 

The Filippini Sisters are having a "Nun Run" from the 10th to the 13th. They have three spots left as of this morning. I love these Sisters dearly, I was taught by them from kindergarten through high school but I know I'm not called to be one of them. But they did plant a seed in me for my Vocation and they have a place in my heart.

St. Procopius Abbey shared Fr. James Flint, OSB's post
421475_283129925084939_293488145_n.jpg?o
Fr. James Flint, OSB
St. Procopius Abbey's next "Come and See" vocation discernment weekend for Catholic men 18-45 will be 4 PM, Friday, October 7-1PM, Sunday, October 9, 2016. There's no charge, but space is limited. Anyone interested should contact me at vocations@procopius.org .

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2016 at 9:26 AM, Luigi said:

Dominican friars - Southern and Central provinces combined - October 7-8-9, in St. Louis, MO.  

This link is from the Southern province: http://www.opsouth.org/vocations/come-and-see-weekends/

This link is for the Central province Promoter of Vocations, Fr. Jude McPeak: http://opcentral.org/join-us/

Bump. With a Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/332839670392924/

St. Procopius Abbey in Lisle, IL is having a Come and See weekend soon. And they've developed a 15-question survey that may be of interest to discerners. There's no ranking of answers at the end or anything like that - I previewed the survey but didn't submit it. It might give some insights to those who are discerning. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSelsHp1aXvuskgT5J2Tkblxve0fbPrsVXW07ADrzIAcVeB95A/viewform 

• 1 month later...

MONASTIC IMMERSION WEEKEND - DECEMBER 16-18, 2016

Pray Like A Monk: Monastic Prayer Retreat
The [Trappist] monks of Our Lady of New Clairvaux Abbey invite single Catholic men ages 18-35 to immerse themselves in the ancient yet living monastic tradition for the weekend of Dec. 16-18. A special theme of this year’s Weekend is Monastic prayer.  Participants will be able to join the monks for Mass and Liturgy of the Hours in the Abbey Church and receive conferences on Cistercian Spirituality & traditional monastic prayer forms such as Lectio Divina, Contemplative Prayer and Cultivating Continual Mindfulness of God.  Rooms and meals are provided in the monastery guesthouse.  The Weekend is on us!

Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church (more info on their website)

WHAT?
An opportunity to pray (Eucharistic Holy Hour, Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary, Spiritual reading, Mass), work and recreate with the community. Guests will attend conferences by the Sisters as well as Confession and spiritual direction with an attending priest. And, enjoy meeting and visiting with other young women who are also seeking God's will for their lives.
WHERE?
Spokane, WA 99223

WHEN?
Friday, December 16 - Sunday, December 18, 2016

WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
You will be spending two days with the Sisters during which you will pray with us, attend Mass, hear talks about religious life, see the Sisters’ apostolic works within the diocese, play some games, and have some quiet time for private prayer, reflection, and Eucharistic Adoration.

HOW DO I REGISTER? 
To register for one of these retreats, please contact the Vocation Director.

QUESTIONS?                                        
Sr. Mary Eucharista, SMMC
vocations[at]sistersofmarymc[dot]org

• 3 months later...

MONASTIC IMMERSION WEEKEND Retreat

March 31- April 2, 2017

What is life like behind the walls of the monastery?  The[Trappist] monks of New Clairvaux Abbey invite single Catholic men, ages 18-35 to a special experience of the life of a monk.  Participants will be able to join the brothers for Mass and daily prayer in the church, receive conferences on prayer and monastic spirituality, join in common work, enjoy the beauty and peace of the grounds, and much more!  Rooms and meals are provided in our guesthouse; the Weekend in on us!  Please check out the full Weekend offerings & schedule, and online registration here.

Postulant Christina

Vocation Discernment Retreat with the Benedictine Sisters of Elizabeth, New Jersey

April 28-30, 2017

St. Walburga Monastery

Is God seeking you to journey with Him in a religious community? Come listen to His call by participating in a Vocation Discernment Retreat with us! Experience the peace of a monastic atmosphere, join in the Eucharist, pray the Liturgy of the Hours, dialogue with other discerners and reflect on what God is calling you to in your life.

For more information contact Sr. Mariette Thérèse OSB 908 352 4278 ext 274 or e-mail SrMariette@aol.com