An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Theory On Drugs

MarysLittleFlower

you can also poison a person with too much salt  / sometimes reading threads impairs ones brain function.

AccountDeleted

"If a drug has an effect on the brain, it is harming the brain. Science has not found or synthesized any psychoactive substances that improve normal brain function. Instead, all of them impair brain function. ..

DMT is poisonous to the human mind

False.

Psychoactive drugs are used in medications for sufferers of psychological conditions. you can do a simple Google on psychoactive medications to learn this.

--------------------

WHAT IS A PSYCHOACTIVE MEDICATION?

Psychoactive medications are drugs that, when prescribed and used carefully, can reduce or eliminate the suffering caused by psychological conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, psychosis, bipolar affective disorder, etc. 

Psychoactive medications are prescribed by physicians. After examining a patient, the doctor diagnoses his or her mental health condition and, if treatment appears necessary, prescribes the most appropriate treatment for it. 

When prescribed and used carefully, psychoactive medications can reduce or eliminate psychological suffering

False.

Psychoactive drugs are used in medications for sufferers of psychological conditions. you can do a simple Google on psychoactive medications to learn this.

--------------------

Psychoactive medications are drugs that, when prescribed and used carefully, can reduce or eliminate the suffering caused by psychological conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, psychosis, bipolar affective disorder, etc. 

Psychoactive medications are prescribed by physicians. After examining a patient, the doctor diagnoses his or her mental health condition and, if treatment appears necessary, prescribes the most appropriate treatment for it. 

When prescribed and used carefully, psychoactive medications can reduce or eliminate psychological sufferin

You can get better results by performing a lobotomy, than by using DMT, Sweetheart

AccountDeleted

You can get better results by performing a lobotomy, than by using DMT, Sweetheart

​I highlighted in bold the part that I was referring to. I should have deleted the DMT reference but I just assumed you were intelligent enough to figure out what I meant, especially since I specifically referred to your statement about psychoactive medications. Obviously I was wrong.

And I am NOT your sweetheart. That is a offensive, passive aggressive way to debate. I was a psychiatric nurse for 20 years and probably have more knowledge than you do about psychoactive medications. Your statement about psychoactive medications was false, no matter how you try to sidestep it with insults.

Here is the corrected statement so you can try again without the insults.

1 hour ago, little2add said:

"If a drug has an effect on the brain, it is harming the brain. Science has not found or synthesized any psychoactive substances that improve normal brain function. Instead, all of them impair brain function. ..

False.

--------------------

When prescribed and used carefully, psychoactive medications can reduce or eliminate psychological suffering

BarbTherese

I sure give thanks for Seroquel (anti-psychotic also known as Quetiapine), despite the side effect problems it causes me.  I suffer bipolar disorder and I would rather have the side effects of Seroquel anytime than an episode of bipolar ANY DAY!

​I highlighted in bold the part that I was referring to. I should have deleted the DMT reference but I just assumed you were intelligent enough to figure out what I meant, especially since I specifically referred to your statement about psychoactive medications. Obviously I was wrong.

And I am NOT your sweetheart. That is a offensive, passive aggressive way to debate. I was a psychiatric nurse for 20 years and probably have more knowledge than you do about psychoactive medications. Your statement about psychoactive medications was false, no matter how you try to sidestep it with insults.

1.   Yes, you should have deleted the DMT reference
  2. Does psychoactive substances that improve normal brain function or simply improve the patient’s demeanor, as long as he or she takes the medication?

3. Also the key word you used “prescribed and used carefully” does not really pertain to this debate.  The street drug (DMT) described in this tread is often sold my thugs and/or charlatans.

4. I apologize for the sweetheart crack; I do have a rather warped sense of humor, sometimes. please forgive my rudeness.

AccountDeleted

​Well, thank you for your apology. As long as we can debate issues without resortin gto name calling, then we will be able to have an interesting discussion.

I think though that once again you fail to grasp just what you said and what I responded. You said that 'Science has not found or synthesized any psychoactive substances that improve normal brain function. Instead, all of them impair brain function. ..'

This is what is known as an hyperbole. I have underlined some of the complete exaggerations that you used.

Perhaps you did not mean to sound quite so dogmatic but what you posted as it is, is FALSE and that is all that I was saying. There are MANY psychoactive substances created by science and used in medications for those who need them. 

I did not address DMT in any way so why you should have harked back to that is beyond me. I was not addressing the issue of  the abuse of drugs either, but merely pointing out that your statement was over the top, and false about ALL psychoactive drugs.

Drugs can be used to enhance the quality of human life. They can also be used to injure it and cause death. I limited my post to correcting your misstatement only.

AccountDeleted

is it not really obvious that little2add is trolling? Don't take the bait anymore!

​Mea culpa. :) 

Been learning about dmt. It's produced in our bodies. It's the strongest psychedelic drug out there. The experience is on the same level of a nde (near death experience). Atheist who do it tend to question if other dimensions really exist after its over. Dmt is called the spirit molocule. Users go in a trance. All experiences seem to lead to meeting gods, aliens, super beings with a higher conscious aka the occult.

​Yes, and Catholicism discourages such occult techniques / science. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

​Tab, you have a problem with alcohol abuse but not everyone does. A lot of us can have a glass of wine or a beer and not feel a need to drink until we are drunk. God made wine to cheer man's heart - it says so in the Bible. He didn't just make it to substitute for water. He wanted to 'cheer' us. Maybe that's why we say 'cheers' when we make a toast. Alcohol is not evil - abusing it is. But not everyone has that problem. It is a real cross to be an alcoholic but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to give up alcohol.

​Thanks for the reply, not many do but when have I ever said everyone should give up alcohol or that people can't just have 1 glass or even 2 ? And yes to cheer a mans heart is what wine is for. And not all sorcerers are pharmisists, and not all pharmisists are sorcerers, figure that one out bubbles. :o.P

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye