An Old School Catholic Message Board

College Sucks

TempleofVesarius

TempleofVesarius

I had my first day of classes at my local college...

it sucked

I wanted to shoot myself the whole time

and i have to go back tomorrow

never go to college...

never grow up

never get responsabilities

but your all gonna do it anyways so why am i wasting my time

littleflower+JMJ

yeah, i'm starting on sept. 2

at least i can postpone those kind of feelings till then...

and it should be a party...

whoo hoo! can't wait!

*note the sarcasm* <_<

I didn't go to college right after high school. I still haven't gone yet, but I'm hoping too. I think it's almost better for some people not to go right away. Like myself, I was tired of school, and books, and teachers. I got out into the "real world" right away. And, (this is kinda funny) when my peers were getting out of college and couldn't find a job, I was getting promoted to supervisor in my job (and it wasn't fast food <_< ). So I guess it depends on if you were eager to leave the studying behind.

Plus, I now know what I want to do with my life. I had no clue after high school. Plus I just would've partied in college and wasted my scholarships.

Just my 2 cents.

2 of my bestest friends had their first day of college today: HiddenVoice and GodsGrace. I've been thinking about them all day & hoping that all went well.

I'm sorry you had such a bummer of a time there, ToV. Maybe it was just that class that is going to smell of elderberries for the rest of the year and maybe your other ones won't be so bad?? Well look at it this way - you're already one day closer to the last day of that class. ;)

Well look at it this way - you're already one day closer to the last day of that class.  ;)

Wow, you are such an optimist! That's too funny, what a great upside! :D

Wow, you are such an optimist!  That's too funny, what a great upside! :D

Hahaha - well, that kind of thinking is the only thing that gets me through the day at high school. It preserves my sanity. Seriously, it's almost mind-numbing the way so many kids act.... I just have to tell myself, "One less day, Jess; you're one day closer to graduation, just keep breathing...." ;)

We had our first day of classes today too, but I'm a sophomore. I like college classes so much more than high school classes. College life is more fun too. You'll adjust!

IcePrincessKRS

Don't worry bro., soon you'll be gradutated and a stay at home wife with a bachelors sitting on the shelf gathering dust....

der, wait, thats ME.... You'll be the one putting your degree to use... That should be some minor consolation at any rate. ;)

Guest GodsMusicChic

Next monday I move back to school to start my second year of college on wednesday.....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I went to a public high school, and hated it!!! I never really thought I was really learning much, then I went to a private Christian College, and I love it soooo much!!!! I feel like I've learned tens times more stuff in my first year of college then I have in my life, not just about english, science, math, arts, or history, but about me, what I believe, who I am, and soo much more!!!! God led me to the college that would help me figure out who I am!!

But I agree that sometimes college just isn't for certian people, and sometimes people need to wait to go to college, till they know what they want to do with their lifes!!!! Good luck to all who are trying to start college or who already have and aren't pleased, all who are trying to figure out what they want to do, and all who are starting their lifes in the real world!!! God bless!!!!

well ToV if it's any consolation, I started today too & I hated it as well. I feel like I'm still in HS. I'm like this BITES....but I do know that time is a very valuable thing, and that in time I will start to get used to it & MIGHT possibly like it more.....yea right but ya know hey! I can try right?! I'm praying for you sweetie~

I moved into school on the 22nd and the weekend went fine.....but i had my first day of classes yesterday and it was such a horrible horrible day my mom had her surgery and it went fine but i wanted to be home, i miss my bf soooo much it isnt even funny, and i feel lost without my girls even tho i made tons of friends here. but anyhow here are pictures of my room!

post-6-1061953200.jpg

You'll adjust and you'll get use to it. My favorite part was eating free at all the Baptist lunches on campus and then when they come up to me and try to "convert" me, well lets just say it was fun and challenging. That free food was good and you can get seconds! At least I thought you could........ :o

If it makes you feel better after I graduate I'm going back to school for life. (I'm a future teacher.)

I had my first day of classes at my local college...

it sucked

I wanted to shoot myself the whole time

and i have to go back tomorrow

never go to college...

never grow up

never get responsabilities

but your all gonna do it anyways so why am i wasting my time

good advice, you're not wastin you're time!

i wont go 2 colledge, and i'll tellmy parents it's all ur fault! :D :lol::P

............... unless i get into Franciscan Univerity in Steubinville Ohio, then i shall go 2 colledge, cause it'll be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

TempleofVesarius

that is where i hope to transfer to next year....if my loving sister who lives in the town would allow me to crash at her place so i dont have to pay live in costs or rent for an appt...

pretty pretty please katie!!! :D

IcePrincessKRS

that is where i hope to transfer to next year....if my loving sister who lives in the town would allow me to crash at her place so i dont have to pay live in costs or rent for an appt...

pretty pretty please katie!!! :D

How much do you love me? :D

I don't have a problem with it, but you'll have to abide by a few rules of mine (no horrifying ogre rules, just a few basic things that should be no brainers)--and remember that I have a baby, so if you have buddies over and she's sleeping you have to keep the noise level to a dull roar. We'll talk about it more when the time to transfer comes along. :wub: