An Old School Catholic Message Board

College Sucks

TempleofVesarius

The first couple of weeks of college can be really rough, it's all new, yet still school at the same time. Just give it a little bit though, college can be a great experience!

everyone said that once i got out of high school everything would be different and i'd meet all kinds of people who share my interests and not be lonely any more and that this was the first step to the rest of everything and that's absolute bull. it's community college, so it's hardly dazzling anyway. i've met a few people, but not many, and i hardly see the people i knew before. i'm still lonely. i miss my high school, and the mystery players, and the small community where everybody knew me, and i knew everyone, and i felt safe. i don't feel unsafe at college or anything, or even out of place. i feel anonymous. and sometimes that's worse.

When I started college I thought it was awful. After a few weeks I loved it. My 4 years at college were incredible. Give it time...you might just like it.

I know how everyone feels. I picked my college carefully,checked out what they had, and made sure it was right for me. They had campus ministry, rosary groups,

Eucheristic Adoration, and daily masses. And now for the but. First off they are "liberal" and I am very traditional. The priest here belongs

to the dominicans(which isnt bad), and sort of believes that woman

should be able to consecrate the Eucherist. Not only that, but I just get a wierd vibe from all the sisters, and the preist. Oh well.

littleflower+JMJ

I know how everyone feels. I picked my college carefully,checked out what they had, and made sure it was right for me. They had campus ministry, rosary groups,

Eucheristic Adoration, and daily masses. And now for the but. First off they are "liberal" and I am very traditional. The priest here belongs

to the dominicans(which isnt bad), and sort of believes that woman

should be able to consecrate the Eucherist. Not only that, but I just get a wierd vibe from all the sisters, and the preist. Oh well.

if thats what they think pack your bags, run away, far away the opposite direction

thats awful! thats not catholic teachings!!

:o:o :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
TempleofVesarius

a little update

Im trying to work it out so i can leave and go to school next semester AT FRANSICAN UNIVERSITY OF STUBENVILLE OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jrob8503

I've gone through my first month and must say that it is frighteningly easy. I've had two pop quizzes that haven't counted and a test where a 50% was passing (I got an 82%:lol:). People don' turn in their work and the professor is just like, "That's okay. Get it to me whenever you can". I'm waiting for it all to turn sour. I haven't done much studying when they recommend two hours for every hour of class. I just know the finals are going to forgive my unpleasant disposition in the ass somehow. High school was soooo much more difficult. 2-4 page papers every two weeks. 12 page research paper every year. I just hope things significantly pick up in the following semesters.

I am also very lonely. But that isn't a significant change from the norm.

IcePrincessKRS

I've gone through my first month and must say that it is frighteningly easy.  I've had two pop quizzes that haven't counted and a test where a 50% was passing (I got an 82%:lol:).  People don' turn in their work and the professor is just like, "That's okay.  Get it to me whenever you can".  I'm waiting for it all to turn sour.  I haven't done much studying when they recommend two hours for every hour of class.  I just know the finals are going to forgive my unpleasant disposition in the ass somehow.  High school was soooo much more difficult.  2-4 page papers every two weeks.  12 page research paper every year.  I just hope things significantly pick up in the following semesters.

I am also very lonely.  But that isn't a significant change from the norm.

One of the professors at the college I went to always said that too.... I don't think many peopl---if an---ever actually did that.

Where do you go to school?

dude I know how it is JROB....my problems are that they MADE me take this stupid prep reading, and it's worth 5 credits, and you can't take anything else that requires you have english credits, until you take this class, so I'm in 3 classes...prep reading, a flute lesson ,and concert band (I'm am usic major)...but then when I got a scholarship that says you have to have 6 credits I'm all excited b/c I have 8 & I'll be getting some money back...but then they say NO you can't have it b/c the prep class doesn't count.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH not to mention I have a 4.0 and I'm going to the honors college next semester, and they're still crappy about things