An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lent 3Weeks Away

BarbTherese

Ash Wednesday this year will be on 18th February and only 3 weeks away.  I read this on the internet tonight and it came as a bit of a shock.  I had not realized that it was as close as it is.

Palm Sunday is on 29th March.

This year I think I might keep a specifically Lenten Journal (never done this before). 

http://www.stignatiusreading.org/Forms/LENTEN_JOURNAL_09.pdf

I found the above link with a very quick Google. Please, anyone who might have a link or ideas as a guide to writing a Lenten Journal, do post.  Much appreciated.

I was also taken by surprise by how close it is, especially as Christmas has barely ended where I live (well, Christmases - we have Latin, Orthodox, Armenian, and Coptic celebrations). Last year I observed Lent very sloppily and I'm trying to put more thought into it this time round. I think I am going to give up listening to music. That will be a real penance for me and it will create more quiet for prayer.

Can't say it is my favourite time of year, but Lent certainly is my most intense time of year.  I really would like to say it is my favourite time of year however being the preparation for our most important time of year.