An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scientists On God

SCIENTISTS ON GOD

Nicolaus Copernicus Heliocentric Theory of the Solar System

“The universe has been wrought for us by a supremely good and orderly Creator.”

Johannes Kepler Kepler’s Laws of Planetary Motions

“[May] God who is most admirable in his works … deign to grant us the grace to bring to light and illuminate the profundity of his wisdom in the visible (and accordingly intelligible) creation of this world.”

Galileo Galilei Laws of Dynamics

“The Holy Bible and the phenomenon of nature proceed alike from the divine Word.”

Isaac Newton Laws of Thermodynamics, Optics, etc.

“This most beautiful system [the solar system] could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.” Isaac Newton

Benjamin Franklin Electricity, Bifocals, etc.

”Here is my creed. I believe in one God, the creator of the universe. That he governs by his providence. That he ought to be worshipped.

James Clerk Maxwell Electromagnetism, Maxwell’s Equations

“I have looked into most philosophical systems and I have seen none that will not work without God.”

Lord William Kelvin Laws of Thermodynamics, absolute temperature scale

“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”

Charles Darwin Theory of Evolution

“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.” Origin of the Species, 1872 (last edition before Darwin’s death).

Louis Pasteur Germ Theory

“The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator.”

Max Planck Father of Quantum Physics

“There can never be any real opposition between religion and science; for the one is the complement of the other.”

J.J. Thompson Discoverer of the Electron

“In the distance tower still higher peaks which will yield to those who ascend them still wider prospects and deepen the feeling whose truth is emphasized by every advance in science, that great are the works of the Lord.”

Werner Heisenberg Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle

“In the course of my life I have been repeatedly compelled to ponder the relationship of these two regions of thought (science and religion), for I have never been able to doubt the reality of that to which they point.”

Arthur Compton Compton Effect, Quantum Physicist

“For myself, faith begins with the realization that a supreme intelligence brought the universe into being and created man.”

Max Born Quantum Physicist
“Those who say that the study of science makes a man an atheist must be rather silly.”

Paul A.M. Dirac Quantum Physicist, Matter-Anti-Matter

“God is a mathematician of a very high order and He used advanced mathematics in constructing the universe.”

George LeMaitre Father of the Big Bang Theory,
“There is no conflict between religion and science.” Reported by Duncan Aikman, New York Times, 1933

Albert Einstein Special and General Theories of Relativity

“The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against traditional religion as the ‘opium of the masses’—cannot hear the music of the spheres.”

Edited by Guest

I love to watch scientific TV programs on outer space and science generally.  Without fail I am moved to give much glory and praise to God.  He has instilled man with curiosity and a drive to understand the world around us and our own being - and He has- provided us with absolutely endless mysteries to solve.  Much of what we do know are theories and not proven facts and we are driven to continue efforts to understand to try to master through knowledge the world in which we live and our own being.  Until the end of time, there will be unending mysteries to fascinate us.

Much of what we do know are theories and not proven facts

Stuff like the anthropic principal and cosmological constant are not theory. They are scientific fact. Edited by Guest

Stuff like the anthropic principal and cosmological constant are not theory. They are scientific fact.

Thank you Josh:) and you might be quite correct.

I did say "much of what we know" not "all of what we know".

Bump this everyday in case you didn't know even science say it's so quantum physics with the flow got her like yo you kinda nice with it tho sorta like Saint Dangle it's Saint Josh didn't you know?

Edited by Guest

She blond hair blue eyes I'm so westside sinner n a saint she seen both sides Prayin Hail Mary's after Our Father's 1981 Baptized in the water (come on)

Edited by Guest

Ash Wednesday

Isaac Newton was a really fascinating person. 

Darwin really didn't have any particular religious inclination at the end of his life, but he did not want any part of movements that opposed religion despite being the champion of many atheists and movements against religion at the time and being asked to join their cause. He probably would have rolled his eyes at the Darwin crawling fishes that atheists stick on their cars.