An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pp's Catholic Meme Accusation Derail Thread

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I was accused of being gay in a rather mean-spirited and derogatory way by a stranger on Catholic Memes yesterday.

True story.

ChristianGirlForever

I was accused of being gay in a rather mean-spirited and derogatory way by a stranger on Catholic Memes yesterday.

True story.

That's really mean, FuturePriest. I'm so sorry you had that experience. At least it didn't happen with people you know and care about in real life, though. People can sometimes be cruel online because they don't think they are corresponding with real people.

PhuturePriest

That's really mean, FuturePriest. I'm so sorry you had that experience. At least it didn't happen with people you know and care about in real life, though. People can sometimes be cruel online because they don't think they are corresponding with real people.

Oh, please. It was pretty funny to me, really. I'm a very self-deprecating person, and I don't really have the ability to feel embarrassed (Or have yet to experience it, anyway.)

Besides, I don't really consider it to be a real insult because being gay is not insulting. It's like if a person shouted "You're a short person!" at me. Why would I care? I am short, and there's nothing insulting about being short.

ChristianGirlForever

Oops. I'm such a scatterbrain. Lol I saw this, and thought it was a part of the Dan Mattson thread. I see it was just a joke.

It's good you have a thick skin, FuturePriest. It's much better than taking things personally!

Oremus Pro Invicem

Someone accused you of being happy?  Did you dawn your gay apparel?

It's not Candlemas yet, so I can still make Christmas jokes. 

True story.

asking me on dates and for my phone number all the time when you get frustrated doesn't help !

Big_Bang_Bazinga_Sheldon_Red_Shirt_LG.jp

PhuturePriest

asking me on dates and for my phone number all the time when you get frustrated doesn't help !

Big_Bang_Bazinga_Sheldon_Red_Shirt_LG.jp

I'm not frustrated. I'm mildly amused at your weak attempts to prolong our eventual coffee date that has been predestined by the stars.

PhuturePriest

Someone accused you of being happy?  Did you dawn your gay apparel?

It's not Candlemas yet, so I can still make Christmas jokes. 

6e042a6f.jpg

Not The Philosopher

The other day I misread his screen name as Superglue, and now that is all I can see it as.

Well he really holds our threads together.

I'm not frustrated. I'm mildly amused at your weak attempts to prolong our eventual coffee date that has been predestined by the stars.

wow, if this response doesn't scream denial.

PhuturePriest

wow, if this response doesn't scream denial.

Your further attempt to frustrate me by telling me I'm frustrated is not going to work, Superglue. 

tumblr_mppb95TI8g1r94vsso1_500.gif