An Old School Catholic Message Board

Look At This Great Picture!

marigold

Our dear friend, Mother Evfrosinia, is coming for a visit on Friday.
Her last visit:

http://nunsopsummit.org/2013/01/that-all-may-be-one/

I though you'd like this, Marigold!

Hey, that's great! I have friends who go to that convent, and it's on my nun run bucket list! Nice to know you guys have friends there :) Thanks for sharing (and that article she wrote is lovely).

I was under the impression that Lesna was strictly speaking outside the Church, i.e. that it had remained with that part of ROCOR that was not reunited with the Moscow Patriarchate. Am I wrong? Has this changed? I do hope so.

I was under the impression that Lesna was strictly speaking outside the Church, i.e. that it had remained with that part of ROCOR that was not reunited with the Moscow Patriarchate. Am I wrong? Has this changed? I do hope so.

I'm not sure, Egeria!  :unsure: I'll see if I can ask around and find out.

It turns out you're right, Lesna Convent is still part of the 'Russian True Orthodox Church' which is outside the canonical communion of the Orthodox Church.

To briefly recap, a while back some people decided to break off from the Orthodox Church in Russia, and they formed the 'Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia' (ROCOR). Recently ROCOR was received back into the Church, but some folks decided to not rejoin, and became the 'Russian True Orthodox Church'.

Like in many trad or sedevacantist groups which have split away from the Roman Catholic Church, the people who are in this schismatic group are usually so out of conviction and a love for the truly good things in our Church. I don't doubt for a moment Mother Evfrosinia's sincerity - I was genuinely inspired by that article - but it's important to know where they stand, and that is outside our communion.