An Old School Catholic Message Board

Murder Of 3 Young Muslims Over A Parking Spot

CrossCuT

Ash Wednesday

Crosscut, you do realize that I left out "white" and "Christian" in my line of questioning on purpose. If it were an ethnic muslim man of no particular religious fervor just losing his mind against some random white people, of course they would make it news of another angle. Nonetheless, I am just not buying the hate crime against muslims angle here.

Crosscut, you do realize that I left out "white" and "Christian" in my line of questioning on purpose. If it were an ethnic muslim man of no particular religious fervor just losing his mind against some random white people, of course they would make it news of another angle. Nonetheless, I am just not buying the hate crime against muslims angle here.

I concur.

I dont know what the reasons were either. Maybe it was a deep hatred for muslims or, a manic psychopath with a gun, or just a really mean dude who had a bad day. Im not a 100% advocate for gun eradication, but I would like to see better screening for mental disorder or past anger/personality problems before gun purchase.

Edited by CrossCuT

To be a little fair, the parents have been raising the Muslim aspect. As a parent, I can't blame them. I may do the same to bring attention and prosecution to someone who killed my children under these circumstances.

Ash Wednesday

Indeed, far be it for me to judge how a parent is supposed to process the death of their own child(ren). I probably should clarify that it would be very foolish and ignorant of me to completely deny the possibility of the hate crime. I just like to think critically "out loud" :P

I just brought this up with my husband and he heard something completely different and nothing like what's been discussed here and now I'm trying to find out what HE heard from where! 

Prayers for everyone involved, of course. Sorry if I took away the focus by running my mouth a bit much  :(

Ash Wednesday

And generally in the debate of gun control, I tend to fall on the side in favor of it. But that's another can of worms.

. . 

We have the great privilege of being the majority...the entire country has been brought up under christian ideals since its infancy. I dont think I have to tell you that we have a lot of privilege from that. In fact, the christian majority is often what tries to stifle everything else out...homosexuality, evil Muslim extremists, etc etc.

. . .

Im not saying this is the case for this story, but thats what privilege is. White privilege, straight privilege, christian privilege, male privilege. 

However, the truth is that the murderer is in fact an "anti-theist" atheist who hates both Christianity and Islam, as well as a political left-winger who favors various "progressive" causes, including "gay rights."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/11/vehement-atheist-charged-with-executing-3-muslims-students/

To be fair and honest, that probably has little relevance to this murder, but one can only imagine how the "mainstream" media would be having a field day if it were revealed that the killer was Christian and/or conservative.  We'd hear no end to it.

Whatever this sicko's inner motivations for the killings were (and I don't purport to know them), it's clear they certainly didn't have a damn thing to do with Christianity.

So let's cut the nonsensical pc claptrap about "Christian privilege" and "white/straight/male privilege."

If a black (or insert other non-white race) person murders someone, is it about "black privilege"?   That is just politicized socio-babble.

It's pathetic and sick that the bleeding hearts on here, without knowing any facts, have immediately tried to politicize this despicable murder by babbling against standard lefty bugaboos such as Christian faith, second amendment rights, "white privilege," etc.

We should instead be praying for the souls of the victims and for their families, and that this murderer sees justice.

I am more or less giving him the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming he is a sadistic murderer. I dont know enough about the situation to say one way or the other. 

All I can say is that he shouldnt have had a gun. If there was a record of past aggressive behaviors that were able to be monitored through a fire arms purchasing background check then maybe we could have prevented the loss of innocent lives. Granted, he could still find a gun and kill people, but at least we have made it harder.

Convicted felons are already unable to legally buy guns.

I don't need to re-hash the whole "gun control" debate here, but the government should not deny people their constitutional rights based on its own arbitrary standards.

Guns are legitimately used to defend life against aggressors, not just to murder.

And people don't need guns to commit murder.  People have been murdering one another since the days of Cain, many millenia before the invention of firearms in the late middle ages.

But yeah, let's blame the right to bear arms, and everyone and everything but the killer himself.

PhuturePriest

Convicted felons are already unable to legally buy guns.

I don't need to re-hash the whole "gun control" debate here, but the government should not deny people their constitutional rights based on its own arbitrary standards.

What if the Constitution no longer gave them that right?

shock.jpg

What if the Constitution no longer gave them that right?

shock.jpg

The Constitution doesn't give the right; it merely legally recognizes it.

And, like it or not, the Constitution remains the law of the land, much as politicians may ignore it.  The second amendment remains in there unchanged, and can only be changed by the process of amendment by congress.  (Though I pray they keep it.)

However, the truth is that the murderer is in fact an "anti-theist" atheist who hates both Christianity and Islam, as well as a political left-winger who favors various "progressive" causes, including "gay rights."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/11/vehement-atheist-charged-with-executing-3-muslims-students/

To be fair and honest, that probably has little relevance to this murder, but one can only imagine how the "mainstream" media would be having a field day if it were revealed that the killer was Christian and/or conservative.  We'd hear no end to it.

Whatever this sicko's inner motivations for the killings were (and I don't purport to know them), it's clear they certainly didn't have a beaver dam thing to do with Christianity.

So let's cut the nonsensical pc claptrap about "Christian privilege" and "white/straight/male privilege."

If a black (or insert other non-white race) person murders someone, is it about "black privilege"?   That is just politicized socio-babble.

It's pathetic and sick that the bleeding hearts on here, without knowing any facts, have immediately tried to politicize this despicable murder by babbling against standard lefty bugaboos such as Christian faith, second amendment rights, "white privilege," etc.

We should instead be praying for the souls of the victims and for their families, and that this murderer sees justice.

For once I agree with Socrates. 

Here in NC the condemnation has been universal. The liberal mayor of Chapel Hill, our New Republican Senator Tillis, and the Libertarian Senatorial candidate all expressed their horror. 

While the family has understandably asked this to be investigated as a hate crime (they have said that the children mentioned to them that their neighbor became much more antagonistic once Deah's wife who wear a hijab moved in) they have been calling for peace and have not been throwing barbs. They've been acting with a tremendous amount of grace.

Some social justice warriors have been trying to stir up antagonism where there's been widespread unanimity and it's been disgusting.

From what I have seen this has almost entirely come from the outside and not from the NC triangle Muslim community.  

And people don't need guns to commit murder.  People have been murdering one another since the days of Cain, many millenia before the invention of firearms in the late middle ages.

Just because murder is not new doesn't mean guns are not a source of social disintegration. Tools create new social realities. The industrialization of weaponry is also a significant difference between weapons today and weapons in the middle ages or before. (A point made powerfully in "Falling Down" as Michael Douglas gradually upgrades from a switchblade to a machine gun to a bazooka).

That's a separate discussion from this thread, just saying.

Edited by Era Might