An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic for 10 years. Thanks Phatmass!

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

I know many of you don't know who I am, and those of you that do rarely see me around anymore. I've been a member for something like 12 years. I still come in about once a month to read and pray for you all. Life has just kept me busy with 5 little kids and plenty of work.

10 years ago on Easter Vigil (2005) my wife and I were received into the Catholic Church, Confirmed, and received the Eucharist for the first time. Phatmass played a huge part in that, so a little note of thanks to all of those here who prayed for us, talked to us, put up with me debating and asking questions, and helped us swim the Tiber.

Ignatius Press is going to be publishing my conversion story as part of a compilation for a new ministry I am involved in and I talk about the forum. In 10 years I've gone from an anti-Catholic fundamentalist to discerning the permanent diaconate (we started the application process last year). If it wasn't for the members from this forum hopping on the old Baptist Board website to talk to us, that may have never happened.

So, thank you everyone, especially dUSt. Our family will always be grateful to all of you here. 

Brother Adam

Thanks. Wish I had more time to post L&T! I'll be on Catholic Answers Live again next month. Let's see what Patrick Coffin makes of a nerdy white boy converting at a Catholic hip hop forum. 

homeschoolmom

I know many of you don't know who I am, and those of you that do rarely see me around anymore. I've been a member for something like 12 years. I still come in about once a month to read and pray for you all. Life has just kept me busy with 5 little kids and plenty of work.

10 years ago on Easter Vigil (2005) my wife and I were received into the Catholic Church, Confirmed, and received the Eucharist for the first time. Phatmass played a huge part in that, so a little note of thanks to all of those here who prayed for us, talked to us, put up with me debating and asking questions, and helped us swim the Tiber.

Ignatius Press is going to be publishing my conversion story as part of a compilation for a new ministry I am involved in and I talk about the forum. In 10 years I've gone from an anti-Catholic fundamentalist to discerning the permanent diaconate (we started the application process last year). If it wasn't for the members from this forum hopping on the old Baptist Board website to talk to us, that may have never happened.

So, thank you everyone, especially dUSt. Our family will always be grateful to all of you here. 

phorum. <_<

I remember all of that! Exciting times. :) 

Thanks. Wish I had more time to post L&T! I'll be on Catholic Answers Live again next month. Let's see what Patrick Coffin makes of a nerdy white boy converting at a Catholic hip hop forum. 

​Make sure you clarify that we are against liturgical hip-hop. Hahaha.

Hey Bro Adams,

Glad to see you still pop in from time to time.  Me too.  I credit Phatmass for my conversion as well.  I come back when I need some straight up Catholic info, and I thank God for this site everyday. 

5 kids?!  God bless you as well.  That'll keep ya busy.