An Old School Catholic Message Board

ATTENTION: Private Messaging back on. Please send a few test messages.

dUSt

AccountDeleted

​Thanks! Under the old system, we could choose to delete certain messages, but leave other messages in our inbox. Under the new software, is it now "all or nothing"--that is if we want to delete one PM, do we have to delete all our PMs?

Just as an FYI, under the old software, it was nice to be able to delete some PMs at the same time that we left other PMs in our inboxes. At least in my case, some of my PMs were quick notes that I deleted right away (to save storage space), while other PMs were part of ongoing conversations that might last weeks or months. If there is any way that we could selectively delete messages under the new software, that would be great. Thanks a lot!

​I see what you mean. I tried to find a command that would just delete one message but couldn't. I know that a few things have changed since the update. I still don't seem to know when I am anonymous and when I'm not. I think perhaps that the function isn't available any more. It's a learning curve I suppose.

Also keep in mind that this upgrade is basically a complete re-build from scratch of the old software. It's almost like it's "version1". I'm sure after it is nice and stable, the additional functionality that we were use to will come at a rapid pace.

Compare it to a nice house. The old house had all the stuff we wanted, but it's foundation was so old we couldn't add anything else. The new house has a brand new modern foundation. Now that it's built, all of the amesome modern things we wish we could have added to the old house will now be able to be built.

franciscanheart

So am I going to have to clear my cache and cookies every time I come to phatmass? That's annoying.

So am I going to have to clear my cache and cookies every time I come to phatmass? That's annoying.

​I only had to do it once.

IgnatiusofLoyola

​I've had to do this a couple of times, not every time I visit. I figure that, with the new software, Phatmass is simply going through "growing pains" and, over time, these glitches should get worked out.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Any chance for trying user groups again? Those were fun.

​I had mixed feelings. In some ways the User Groups were fun, but they also made it harder sometimes to figure out where posts I might be interested in reading were located. I also had a fear that, over time, the User Groups could become "cliqueish." This didn't happen during the very short time we had User Groups, but I still have concerns (that might well be unfounded) that this could happen over time if User Groups were reintroduced.

franciscanheart

​I only had to do it once.

​i had to do it a few times. i was having more problems on my phone than on my desktop.

IgnatiusofLoyola

How did things go with the test of the messaging system? Is the messaging system stable enough that we can feel free to send PM's with private content in them?

On a different topic: Now that the new software seems to be getting more stable, is there a place where you could re-post the Phorum Guidelines? It would be helpful to have them to refer to. Plus, for a long time we got an error message when we tried clicked on the Phorum Guidlines button. (There doesn't appear to be any Phorum Guidelines button now, unless I'm missing something.)

Thanks!

IgnatiusofLoyola

FYI to @dUSt--One of the people to whom I sent a "test" PM replied to me. (In case you are still testing whether Private Messages generate an email notification to Mediators of Meh.)

Everything appears to be functioning correctly now. Private messages are no longer sending approval emails to moderators.