An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I communicate with my guardian angel?

Guest cathedral monk

Can I communicate with my guardian? And if so, how? Has anyone ever communicated with their guardian angel? 

My guardian angel had a nervous breakdown years ago and now lives off the grid somewhere and no longer accepts my calls. 

You can pray to your guardian angel. Prayer, of course, can be more or less formal, more or less conversational.

Personally, I've never been real big on guardian angels, but lately I've been able to see where mine has been at work in my life. I ought to pray to my guardian angel more often, especially to say "Thanks."

I talk to mine often. I often ask him to look after me and to pray. I ask my Guardian to always pray, I think he likes to :)

AccountDeleted

I have communicated with my guardian angel and he always directed me to trust in God. Over the years I find I ask the saints and angels for intercession less and less, and pray mainly to Jesus now. There have been times when I have been so angry with God however, that praying to the Blessed Virgin Mary or one of the angels or saints has been easier for me. For awhile one of my frequent prayers was to Mary, asking her to tell her Son that 'I had no wine.' (meaning I was in desperate need) and on occasion I have even asked her to tell Him that 'I don't even have any water!' 

For children, Guardian Angels are a gentle way to introduce the concept of an all loving presence, but I wouldn't want to get stuck into any kind of 'angel worship' as this can happen, and there are even New Age religions devoted to angels. Any Guardian Angel worth their salt will do as the Mother of God does, direct us back to Jesus.