An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Pi Day!

HopefulHeart

Not A Mallard

At my posting rate, it will probably be at least a decade before I am assimilated and become "Part of the System." :P

IgnatiusofLoyola

Now if only I can get my rank updated...

​You may need to work with dUSt personally on this one. You don't have enough posts to change your own title, and yet you have a unique title (that appears to have been created by you). You and I have talked about this before. In theory, if you have enough posts to change your own title, you can go into your profile, choose "Edit profile" and at the left of the screen is an obvious box that says "Title." If you delete the contents of that box, your title will be "Member of the System" or you can type in a different/unique title.

However, for some reason, you don't have the "Title" box when you elect "Edit Profile." No clue why this is, but it may be related to the fact that somehow you got a unique title without having made enough posts to qualify for this. (Maybe some of your old posts got deleted in all the system changes, but that is a LOT of posts to get lost!)

Maybe dUSt can adjust something manually on your profile. However, if he does this, you might lose your unique title, and simply get the icons that other people have. To be able to create your new title normally takes somewhere between 3200 and 3300 posts. (I don't know the exact number because, in my case, my posts were in that range, and one day I logged in to find I could change my title.)

Good luck!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Later note to Not A Mallard: If by "rank" you mean "Church Militant," that is something that is usually/always(?) up to dUSt. "Church Militants" have been chosen different ways during the time I have been on Phatmass, and I don't know what the procedure is now.

IgnatiusofLoyola

At my posting rate, it will probably be at least a decade before I am assimilated and become "Part of the System." :P

​It took me almost 5 years before I had enough posts to change my own title. At least you have enough posts to send PM's etc. and that's what's really important.

Sometimes people who want to increase their post count quickly make posts in the "Rosary" and "Jesus Prayer" threads.

Not A Mallard

​You may need to work with dUSt personally on this one. You don't have enough posts to change your own title, and yet you have a unique title (that appears to have been created by you). You and I have talked about this before. In theory, if you have enough posts to change your own title, you can go into your profile, choose "Edit profile" and at the left of the screen is an obvious box that says "Title." If you delete the contents of that box, your title will be "Member of the System" or you can type in a different/unique title.

However, for some reason, you don't have the "Title" box when you elect "Edit Profile." No clue why this is, but it may be related to the fact that somehow you got a unique title without having made enough posts to qualify for this. (Maybe some of your old posts got deleted in all the system changes, but that is a LOT of posts to get lost!)

Maybe dUSt can adjust something manually on your profile. However, if he does this, you might lose your unique title, and simply get the icons that other people have. To be able to create your new title normally takes somewhere between 3200 and 3300 posts. (I don't know the exact number because, in my case, my posts were in that range, and one day I logged in to find I could change my title.)

Good luck!

​I had enough posts to change my title before the system change.

IgnatiusofLoyola

​I had enough posts to change my title before the system change.

​Where did all your posts go? (Only dUSt knows, I guess.) As far as I know, the minimum number of posts to change your own title hasn't changed since I've been on Phatmass. Mysterious!

Not A Mallard

​Where did all your posts go? (Only dUSt knows, I guess.) As far as I know, the minimum number of posts to change your own title hasn't changed since I've been on Phatmass. Mysterious!

60348678.jpg