An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anniversary

Lil Red

Today is the 4th anniversary of my mom's death. Please pray for the repose of her soul, for my father, and for my siblings as we commemorate this day. My mom, Lucy, was especially devoted to St. Rita of Cascia. 

O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, so humble, pure and patient, whose pleadings with the Divine Spouse are irresistible, obtain for us from your Crucified Jesus our request for (mention request). Be gracious toward us for the greater glory of God and we promise to honor you and sing your praises forever. Amen.

Thanks pham. 

I think about her every time I feel the scar on the back of my leg where I had the infection because I remember it happened right after she passed. 

AccountDeleted

The feeling of missing a loved one never really goes away - at least for me it hasn't and my mother had been dead for nearly 28 years) but at least we can keep them with us in memories. I think that's why anniversaries can be so important. Every year I am conscious not only of the day my mother died, but also her birthday. 

The most beautiful thing is how much you obviously loved (love) her. Love is something that stays with us forever. Prayers for your mother and for you.