An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts

John Paul

From a vocation story on the website (formatting is mine) : http://heartsofjesusandmary.com/giving-without-reserve/

That was amesome.  Thank you for posting that BarbaraTherese.  :)    I wholeheartedly agree with her that sometimes our thoughts, expectations, imaginations of what holiness will be like, etc. can be a major problem in discernment.  Very good to see others mentioning that as its something that frequently comes up with my close friends.  I live in a house of discernment and we see that struggle all the time.  I'll be showing that to a few other guys.  Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,Sr.Maria.Here is a picture click on it and the pic will get bigger.

​They are electing a new superior this month because Sr.Maria's four year term is up.On Sundays they have a free day till 3:00pm.They often don't hear the male postulant up till 11:00 or later.But on Sundays they do have required prayers to get  done:Office of Readings,Morning Prayer,Full Rosary,and the Peace Chaplet.But at 3:00pm is when the Sunday Daily Schedule starts:

3:00pm Chaplet of Divine Mercy

3:15pm Holy Hour

4:15pm Mass

5:15pm Holy Hour

6:15pm Supper and Sunday Desert

7:00pm Evening Prayer and Chaplet of Union

7:30pm Free Time

9:00pm Silence

The bell is rung before each prayer time and is tolled for seven times except at 3:00pm and that is when it is only tolled three times.Please pray for Sr.Maria's friend in the hospital and for her youngest sister in her teens who is going through a lot and for Sr.Teresa because she working on the Formation Teaching Book a lot and this is the most postulants they have ever had at one time.

Any questions please ask!

• 2 weeks later...

When they travel they have prayers they are required to pray:

1.Morning and Evening Prayer from the LOTH.

2.Mass if possible including song to Mary,Prayer in Union with Jesus,and their repreation prayers.

3.  five decade rosary.

They will send priests too St.Vincent's Seminary in Pennsylvania.They will not have their own seminary.

Sr.Maria was re-elected as superior.This is her last term.She is not allowed to have another 4 year term after this term.

The members who have been superior so far are in order:Fr.Benedict,Mother Elisabeth,Father Francis,Sister Teresa,and Sister Maria.

They elected another superior this morning.They have been told to start a facebook page to attract more vocations so keep your eyes out looking for this.
I will be sure to tell when they start one.

Nada de Turbe,
Their main calling is to be a brother.If  they want to be a priest when they enter they need to forget it.If the feeling comes back when in final vows the community tdecides if he should be a priest or not and they send em to the seminary.If they don't send em they tell him the reasons why they would not be a good priest.

Do you know if all the brother are priest, or just some brother ? 

​There are two brothers and one priest.

On vacation they have to wear their habits.bvut,If they are with family they can wear regular clothes and they are able to show their hair.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

About now the Order is having 2 of the members change into the novitiate habit!

Pray for them! The Bishop is also visiting.