An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts

John Paul

Hi!I am new to the phorum  and I love the Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary and just talked to Sr.Maria. She knows mary Immaculate and says she made videos of the order.I love all the members and they say that they love and pray for me very much.I pray Office of Readings with Sr.Maria on the phone.They have postulants joining on March 25 and it will also be Sr.Teresa s anniversary of vows I hope someone replies on this buetiful order .They live in Hopedale Ohio.

IgnatiusofLoyola

P.S. what is a nOOb

​The system automatically gives the title "nOOb" to posters who are new to the forum and/or do not have many posts. I'm sorry, I've lost track of when it happens, but after something like 50 or 100 posts, your title will change, and you will start to collect little icons under your name. After you have a lot of posts (I think it's around 3,250--not positive) you will be able to give yourself your own title. Take a look around and look at other people's posts, and it will give you an idea of the splendor you have to look forward to in the future as you make more posts!

I'm pretty sure "nOOb" is short for "newbie." In any case, don't take it personally. It's automatically done by the system, not a title that someone personally gave you.

Note: Part of the reason that I'm unsure about how many posts you need to reach certain levels is that very recently (within the past few weeks), dUSt, our venerable and wise administrator and leader has moved the phorum to a new software platform. Many features of the phorum are still in flux. In the past, there were written guidelines about how the levels work, but because of the software change, there aren't any written guidlines at the moment. If something confuses you or is unclear, don't hesitate to ask questions (we're all asking questions), but also don't be surprised if you don't get definitive answers to certain questions yet. We're all just rolling with it, and so far, so good.

Hope this helps.

I replied to you on a Private Message :)

​How do you get the Private message?

and thanks i know that they know you because you said once " tell Sr.Teresa Mary Catherine says hi" and i told Sr.Maria what you said and she told me you have made videos of them.

IgnatiusofLoyola

and thanks i know that they know you because you said once " tell Sr.Teresa Mary Catherine says hi" and i told Sr.Maria what you said and she told me you have made videos of them.

​A private Message (or PM) is what is sounds like, a private message sent by a Phatmass member to another Phatmass member using the Phatmass software.

However, I'm pretty sure you need to make about 100 posts before you get Private Message privileges. (If that number is wrong, someone please correct me.)

Note: One way to quickly increase your post counts is to post in the "Rosary" and "Jesus Prayer" threads.

Mary+Immaculate<3

Just email me at marydance777@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just email me at marydance777@yahoo.com

I found away to message you I will do it this weekend​

The order does not have statio which means status so this means they don't have ranks its more a chain with the member's names and the names of Jesus and Mary in the middle of the chain.The rank of superior is just a title they are offered.They have 80 bylaws and a couple sections in this document these are the sections:Prayer,Fraternal Life,Recreation,Poverty,and Obedience and Chastity.

These are some things I just learned from Sr.Maria like 20mins ago

BarbTherese

From a vocation story on the website (formatting is mine) : http://heartsofjesusandmary.com/giving-without-reserve/

Two things often get in our way of following God’s plan for our life. The first is that we believe we know who we are and who we are meant to be. Actually no one fully knows oneself, and

none of us can know for certain the person God is intending us to end as

. The second problem is that we try to implement God’s will ourselves. (You can see how the first problem aggravates the second! Someone without the blueprint should not try to execute the construction plan.)

Because God’s plan for my life did not match my preconceived notion of what I thought it was, saying yes to my vocation was difficult to the point of almost not happening. It was hard to believe that truth—that God knows us better than we know ourselves—when my interests, inclinations and disposition seemed unsuited to a vocation as a religious. Then when I did say “yes,” I said it with an attitude of “I will”, as opposed to that docile disposition that characterized that one perfect yes given in response to God’s will, “Be it done unto me.” I had yet to learn that God’s will is something that we cannot accomplish but only cooperate with.

An immense help in cooperating is not having personal conceptions of who we are meant to be and what God’s plan for oneself is. We all have, for instance, a certain concept of what we think holiness is and looks like, which is itself a real impediment to living it. Entering religious life, I wanted to be another St. Therese. I remember being so depressed at times in my novitiate, because despite all my efforts, I was simply not the person she was and it was not in my power to have the same temperament as she. Looking back over some things I wrote during that time, I am amused (while blushing) to see how I attempted to imitate her style of writing, using “saint terminology” as if that was what holiness was.

Holiness looks different in every individual, every person being made for a different purpose, with a different disposition and different way of relating to God personally. Since what is holy in one person may not be holy in another, if we try to implement in ourselves that idea of holiness, by making ourselves act according to that personal standard, we end up trying to live in a way we are not intended to, trying to copy a person or saint that was a different individual with a different task. We could for example, take the two great Franciscan saints: St. Francis and St. Padre Pio. Both were the unique person and servant God made them to be, though neither of them acted according to what most people’s conception of how a saint should act.

If a lump of clay believes that it is meant to be a cup, it will continually resist the direction that shapes it into something different. Though the Potter may have been wanting it to be a thin-necked vase, it continually resists taking that shape as it tries to maintain the shape of the cup it thinks it is meant to be. This is not living a true, unconditional yes. If we want to do God’s will, to be the person He wants us to be, we have to continually drop our preconceived notions, and submit to how we are shaped, by seeing God’s hand in all that happens to us, and accepting all that God wishes to send us. These are the means by which we are formed like clay into the design He intends for us personally.

At one time in my vocation, when I was struggling in a new and undesired position within my community, with new duties and requirements, I protested internally, “This is not what I said yes to.” Then the thought came to me, that if that was the case, I had never truly given my yes to God in the first place. Whether to religious life, marriage, or any other vocation, saying yes to God’s will means accepting whatever may come in an attitude of  “Be it done unto me,” and an ongoing “yes” to all that continues to unfold

Sr.Maria is now vocation director for sisters because Sr.Teresa has to much work as formator (the novice mistress)

• 4 weeks later...

They will not found other monasteries until they have 100 members at the present monastery.They are not like communities with the superior,prioress all in ranks.They imagine themselves like of a wheel with spokes and JESUS and MARY are in the middle so they fufill his and her will.They have 14 vacation days a year.Any questions PLEASE ask.