An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ballin' on a budget!!!

dUSt

And what does all this mean?

​That is a screenshot of the current phatmass monthly donors. 4 active. 71 canceled. Hahaha

$25 monthly income with a $68 a month server bill. BALLIN ON A BUDGET!!!

Edited by dUSt

AccountDeleted

​That is a screenshot of the current phatmass monthly donors. 4 active. 71 cancelled. Hahaha

$25 monthly income with a $68 a month server bill. BALLIN ON A BUDGET!!!

@dUSt    ​Oh that is so sad. I am unemployed and the Australian dollar is worth very little compared with the US one these days (time was we were almost equal, but that never lasts long) but I'll see if I can manage $5 US a month since others can. How do I make a monthly donation that comes out of a bank account? I have a US account that I can use if that helps. I think since I am posting a lot these days, it is the least I can do (and the most as well from this poor widow's mite).

Credo in Deum

If I donate more money can I have a money sack icon under my name?  I'm being 75% serious.  I will also settle for a "meh" apron and some packaged sushi.

But seriously, I would prefer that people who need their money keep it.

If any of you who are able would like to sacrifice one of your mocha frappuccino caramel skinny lattes a month, here you go:

http://www.phatmass.com/donate/

Edited by dUSt

AccountDeleted

But seriously, I would prefer that people who need their money keep it.

If any of you who are able would like to sacrifice one of your mocha frappuccino caramel skinny lattes a month, here you go:

http://www.phatmass.com/donate/

​I'm not sure if we even have Starbucks here (maybe in Sydney?) and I don't go out to eat or drink, but I figure there must be something I can do without once a month that comes to around $5US ($6.56AUD). Anyway, I signed up for now. If things go seriously downhill, I will re-evaluate but it feels good to give, you know, and I'm not always in a position to do that (not these days anyway). And I have been hanging around here off and on for the past 8 years so maybe it's time.

IgnatiusofLoyola

If I donate more money can I have a money sack icon under my name?  I'm being 75% serious.  I will also settle for a "meh" apron and some packaged sushi.

​I'm the opposite. If I donate money to Phatmass, I feel uncomfortable if I get recognition for it (as happened once in the past). Some people don't have the money to contribute. I'm of the school of "don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing" when it comes to donations.

Actually, after seeing your post about your budget I WAS mulling over some sort of "frequent flyer" type program that would be anonymous, but might allow donors things like bigger PM inboxes. Personally, I'd give money just to be allowed to edit my posts for 10 minutes versus 3 minutes. I ALWAYS find a mistake in my posts! Also, I'd love to get more "props." I fully understand why Church Militants get more props and I don't feel slighted about that. But I like giving props, and run out often. I'm sure there must be other little "perks" that could be anonymous but might be an incentive.

For obvious reasons, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a Catholic T-shirt. Not to mention that I live in an area with a lot of older people (including a convent of retired teaching Sisters), and I am sincerely afraid that at a distance, the "Pope is Dope" T-shirt could easily be read as "Pope is a Dope," or suggesting that the Pope uses drugs.

I'll keep mulling over ideas......

Credo in Deum

I want dUSt to give me so much recognition for my gift, that he assigns me an honorary title of, "Sir. Credo 'Dollar Dollar Bill Y'all' in Deum. Vanquisher of Sever Bills and Finacial Pillar of Phatamss!"

Then once a month he will change the title of the homepage to read "Phatmass! Powered by Credo Cash" as a way to commemorate my benevolence and the sacrifice my wallet made. 

Edited by Credo in Deum

AccountDeleted

​I'm the opposite. If I donate money to Phatmass, I feel uncomfortable if I get recognition for it (as happened once in the past). Some people don't have the money to contribute. I'm of the school of "don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing" when it comes to donations.

Actually, after seeing your post about your budget I WAS mulling over some sort of "frequent flyer" type program that would be anonymous, but might allow donors things like bigger PM inboxes. Personally, I'd give money just to be allowed to edit my posts for 10 minutes versus 3 minutes. I ALWAYS find a mistake in my posts! Also, I'd love to get more "props." I fully understand why Church Militants get more props and I don't feel slighted about that. But I like giving props, and run out often. I'm sure there must be other little "perks" that could be anonymous but might be an incentive.

For obvious reasons, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a Catholic T-shirt. Not to mention that I live in an area with a lot of older people (including a convent of retired teaching Sisters), and I am sincerely afraid that at a distance, the "Pope is Dope" T-shirt could easily be read as "Pope is a Dope," or suggesting that the Pope uses drugs.

I'll keep mulling over ideas......

​Isn't asking for something in return for a donation the same thing as buying it? It isn't a donation then. More space probably costs more money so in the end, the donation isn't for the existing space but for the expanded space. Just a thought.

I do like Credo's idea that we get attention for being financially supportive - not so much so that people think we are great givers, but so that they are intimidated and in awe of our importance? Don't you think? A bit like our reputation from props.

I could be Lady Nunsense of the Knights who say Ni ! :)

IgnatiusofLoyola

I want dUSt to give me so much recognition for my gift, that he assigns me an honorary title of, "Sir. Credo 'Dollar Dollar Bill Y'all' in Deum. Vanquisher of Sever Bills and Finacial Pillar of Phatamss!"

Then once a month he will change the title of the homepage to read "Phatmass! Powered by Credo Cash" as a way to commemorate my benevolence and the sacrifice my wallet made.

​Credo, you scare me a little sometimes because I can't tell if you are kidding or not. :-> The problem is that I think that while you may not be completely serious, you're not totally kidding either, and that's just a bit worrisome for a Mediator of Meh. :-|

I've been trying to figure out a way to give out "badges" for a long time now. I was hoping this new upgrade would have had that feature. :(