An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Casket" tree pods

picchick

AccountDeleted

Tell me where the Mass will be and I will try to save up to be there!  :)

​LOL - all the way to Melbourne to be a professional mourner? That's ok. I don't need any. At that point in time I think praying for me from wherever you are will be fine. But thanks for the kind thought.

BarbTherese

​Barb, while scattering is not allowed, it might still be permissable to bury your ashes at sea/ocean, since burials are permitted by the church.  Your ashes would have to be in a container, but you could probably find something that is affordable and suitable.  You'd have to check with your local bishops conference on any directives.  Sea burials do have slightly different prayers.

​I have been thinking about the above and it seems to me that it would have to be a special type of casket or it would float.   If I am wrong, excuse my ignorance.

Given time, I will research with funeral directors as well as what The Church has to say. 

truthfinder

​I have been thinking about the above and it seems to me that it would have to be a special type of casket or it would float.   If I am wrong, excuse my ignorance.

Given time, I will research with funeral directors as well as what The Church has to say. 

​It would be easy to affix small weights on the bottom.  I have also heard that cardboard urns are fine because you're not actually scattering the ashes - definitely look into the Church approved options.  Funeral directors will certainly try to sell you the most expensive option.  

BarbTherese

​It would be easy to affix small weights on the bottom.  I have also heard that cardboard urns are fine because you're not actually scattering the ashes - definitely look into the Church approved options.  Funeral directors will certainly try to sell you the most expensive option.  

​Thank you muchly, TF.  What The Church has to say will be my first move taking up your advice.