An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Is LOVE

AccountDeleted

yeah this thread is probs gonna get locked. DRATS.

​It could be moved to Debate but as long as FP keeps calling me names - yeah you're probably right.

PhuturePriest

Now you call me a coward. Whew. That really shuts my mouth, doesn't it?

My assumptions are based on the way that Voris preaches and my reaction to it -- as I have said repeatedly, some people might really like being preached to in that way - obviously they do. As an individual I have stated my opinions of his preaching style as it relates to me and those I know and love. 

Your idea of defending the Church and Christ is different than mine. Mine goes more along the lines of turning the other cheek and carrying their pack etc. My Christ is much more human than you or Voris. I love my Christ. My family love my Christ. But they aren't so keen on His so-called Christians.

mahatma_gandhi_religion_5335.jpg

​Please find one place where I attacked you and your character. I have said not defending Christ and his Church is not loving and is cowardly. If you think that applies to you, that's your own self-reflection, not my judgment on you.

Your definition of "attacking" your character seems to be me contesting your position. You claimed this "fire and brimstone" approach of calling out sinners and defending the Church is not what good Catholics do and is not the way of Christ. I cited scriptural evidence and named Saints who acted in the same way that you called prideful and unloving. You then got upset and said I was being "vitriolic" and was attacking your character.

PhuturePriest

​It could be moved to Debate but as long as FP keeps calling me names - yeah you're probably right.

​Find one place where I called you a name, please.

Is Voris playing a character in the vortex? Obviously he believes what he's saying, but is he this extreme in real life? I'm curious.

But seriously this is getting a bit nasty. And the nastiness is coming from people feeling offended. I mean Christ let a bunch of idiots spit in His face without shielding himself but SOMEONE on the INTERNET insinuates THEY are better than ME?!?!? FEEL THE TEMPEST OF MY TYPE!!!!!!

I mean we're all just a bunch of morons on the internets. Let's not get too high on ourselves.

AccountDeleted

​Please find one place where I attacked you and your character. I have said not defending Christ and his Church is not loving and is cowardly. If you think that applies to you, that's your own self-reflection, not my judgment on you.

Your definition of "attacking" your character seems to be me contesting your position. You claimed this "fire and brimstone" approach of calling out sinners and defending the Church is not what good Catholics do and is not the way of Christ. I cited scriptural evidence and named Saints who acted in the same way that you called prideful and unloving. You then got upset and said I was being "vitriolic" and was attacking your character.

​Quote the post where I said that "his "fire and brimstone" approach of calling out sinners and defending the Church is not what good Catholics do and is not the way of Christ"  - I think this is your interpretation of what I have posted. I said that I would not respond well to this approach.

My position is my position. yours is yours. That is why I have said over and over again that about 'different strokes'. You attacked this as well. I will agree to disagree. But I will not change my opinion because you have not presented anything to me that supports the 'God is love' title of this thread and the video.

PhuturePriest

Is Voris playing a character in the vortex? Obviously he believes what he's saying, but is he this extreme in real life? I'm curious.

​First of all, this is a very, very old video. It is true that Voris was a bit too abrasive in his earlier days, and he himself admits that. Nowadays, his Vortex episodes are much more toned down. Same message, but more toned down.

He is most certainly not playing a character. But you shouldn't expect a teacher to act the way he does when he's teaching as he does when he's speaking to regular people. There's a reason people have "speaking voices" and "conversation voices". The circumstances simply have a natural way of making people speak differently.

PhuturePriest

​Quote the post where I said that "his "fire and brimstone" approach of calling out sinners and defending the Church is not what good Catholics do and is not the way of Christ"  - I think this is your interpretation of what I have posted. I said that I would not respond well to this approach.

My position is my position. yours is yours. That is why I have said over and over again that about 'different strokes'. You attacked this as well. I will agree to disagree. But I will not change my opinion because you have not presented anything to me that supports the 'God is love' title of this thread and the video.

​I can't help but notice you didn't cite a time when I attacked your character. That may be what you have insinuated from my posts, but I have never attacked your character. I contested your position, and you felt personally offended by it. There is a difference.

PhuturePriest

But seriously this is getting a bit nasty. And the nastiness is coming from people feeling offended. I mean Christ let a bunch of idiots spit in His face without shielding himself but SOMEONE on the INTERNET insinuates THEY are better than ME?!?!? FEEL THE TEMPEST OF MY TYPE!!!!!!

I mean we're all just a bunch of morons on the internets. Let's not get too high on ourselves.

​Are you joking? I haven't had this much fun on Phatmass in ages. :D

(And no, I'm not joking.)

AccountDeleted

​I can't help but notice you didn't cite a time when I attacked your character. That may be what you have insinuated from my posts, but I have never attacked your character. I contested your position, and you felt personally offended by it. There is a difference.

​I didn't address it because I could see that it would become another round of he said/she said and no one benefits from that. God's love made me not want to admonish and be self-righteous. :P 

Also, our age differences mean that at least one of us needs to act in a mature way. I won't agree with you but I will fail to engage with you in a hostile manner any more.

AccountDeleted

​Are you joking? I haven't had this much fun on Phatmass in ages. :D
(And no, I'm not joking.)

​That is unfortunate. Catholics should try to treat each other with respect, even if they disagree. I hope you will try to help me change the tone of this thread now.

Credo in Deum

He's not playing a character, however, when you watch his other content you see that the vortex is a small part of the entire person.  He cares about the Church, he cares about the clergy, and he cares about souls.  You get to see this in the other shows he produces and it's a shame so many judge him soley on his appearance on the vortex.   The vortex segment is the segment which is devoted to talking about the issues and errors being spread in the Church which is why it has the 'hard hitting' vibe to it.  I typically watch the vortex segments in order to find out what issues I need to offer up prayers for in my daily rosary.  Lets just say Voris is helping me pray more, lol.

Edited by Credo in Deum