An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Postulant for the Summit Dominicans

IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

On the Solemnity of St. Joseph (March 19), the Dominican nuns of Summit, NJ received a new postulant, Sister Danielle Brisebois. Photos of her entrance are posted on the Community's Web site.

http://nunsopsummit.org/blog/

A new "bluebird" for the Community, including Novice Mistress (and Phatmass member) Sister Mary Catharine, O.P.!

Wonderful news!

truthfinder

Im happy to see the Canadian postulant is still there.  Go Canada!

​And Sr. Mary Cecilia is Canadian as well.

Congratulations to Sr. Danielle.....Sr. Mary Catherine will certainly have her work cut out looking after two happy and active postulants.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Congratulations to her!

(Does this post seriously have six THOUSAND views in fifteen hours?)

​I think it does. I was watching the post count carefully, and my initial post had 1,500 views in the 2-3 hours before the first reply! Miraculous! I hope all those views translated to people visiting the Sisters' Web site.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Wow! Thanks, Vee, for the plug!

Yes, we're happy to have a new postulant. Please pray that our other one who is approved can find a way to get rid of some last debt, SOON so that she can enter! It's the only thing holding her back right now. Everything else is in place.

Wow! Thanks, Vee, for the plug!

Yes, we're happy to have a new postulant. Please pray that our other one who is approved can find a way to get rid of some last debt, SOON so that she can enter! It's the only thing holding her back right now. Everything else is in place.

No problem :)  I figure if people like reading about new postulants so much they can fork over some cash to help build more cells to house them in! 

lent is almost over people, dont forget your ALMSGIVING!

Seeing all these entrances is making me envious!

​Me to!

I spent all day on the website of the nuns where Sr.Mary Catherine OP lives and I have some questions and comments for Sister

1.Why on some pictures there are some nuns wearing wimples/coifs if the rest of the convent wears just the veil?

2.At our parish a Dominican Priest said the Mass and he was from St.Louis from St.Dominic's Priory he was very funny and I asked him what the first order dedicated to the BVM was and he said "Dominicans and what do you think?" I said Carmelites and he groaned(not in a bad way) and said why and I said because they were founded in the early 1200s BEFORE 1216 and I told him I wanted to be a priest and he said "A dominican right,right" I said "possibly". He was very funny.

3.On one of the pictures on your website when you bow for the glory be it looks like one of them is about to hit there head on the Choir Stall!

Thanks

John Paul

puellapaschalis

Whacking your head on the stall in front of you during the Glory Be is an occupational hazard. You develop an organ for echolocation, much like the melon found in whales and dolphins.