An Old School Catholic Message Board

Careless Words Reflection

Credo in Deum

Credo in Deum

I wanted to share this.  It is a great  Lenten sermon about careless words, why we should avoid them, and the practice of charity.  

I think this is a message that needs to be reflected on by all who frequent the phorums, especially myself.  It's so easy to get carried away while speaking on the interent. It's so easy to get caught up in heated conversations and to be nasty toward one another because we are not speaking face to face with each other.  I know I'm guilty of this and I am sorry for those I've hurt with my words and actions.  I know I'm not perfect and that I will most likely slip and fall in the future, so if I do, please correct me.   Send me the link to this thread and say, "Credo! Practice!"

I hope you enjoy the sermon and please tell me what you think of it. Please pray for this priest and for myself.

Edited by Credo in Deum

AccountDeleted

Lovely video. Thanks Credo. We can all be reminded to THINK before we speak. I like the acronym - very sensible.

original-845499-1.jpg

That was a really excellent harmony. Too bad I clicked on a video after that was titled "The Pope is killing Christians" in which I discovered that the Popes actually wrote the Quran to have an army of Christian-killers because they hate Christians so much.

I've exceeded my daily dose of crazy

Lovely video. Thanks Credo. We can all be reminded to THINK before we speak. I like the acronym - very sensible.

original-845499-1.jpg

​By these criteria, I'll never be able to utter another word....

AccountDeleted

​By these criteria, I'll never be able to utter another word....

​You and me both! But it's worth making an effort from time to time huh? :) 

That was a really excellent harmony. Too bad I clicked on a video after that was titled "The Pope is killing Christians" in which I discovered that the Popes actually wrote the Quran to have an army of Christian-killers because they hate Christians so much.

I've exceeded my daily dose of crazy

​I didn't know Jack Chick made videos :D

I meant to type homily instead of harmony. my typos are getting crazyyy

​I didn't know Jack Chick made videos :D

​Jack chick is at least entertaining. I think the "satanic" christian rock band was one of my faves.