An Old School Catholic Message Board

HopefulHeart's Hodgepodge

HopefulHeart

HopefulHeart

A thread for me to share my thoughts with Phatmass. How very exciting.

So, I was looking through the list of fall English classes for the college to which I hope to transfer. I found this really interesting film class which I may consider taking. :)

Film History:  Early Cinema.  Intro to history, technology, cultural significance of motion pictures of the "pre-sound" era, screenings of 35mm prints accompanied by live music in [local theater]. Special attention to major pioneers, Dickson, Porter, Lumière, Méliès, and Griffith, including a variety of internationally produced films selected from the world-famous archival film collection of [local museum that was the home of the inventor of motion-picture film].

The museum mentioned above is really cool. I've been to several movie screenings there, and I've heard that it also houses the private film collections of Martin Scorsese and some other famous directors.

HopefulHeart

For my 300th post, I will include one of my favorite clips/sounds! I've always liked this opening, I guess because it fills me with anticipation for the story ahead.

Ancilla Domini

For my 300th post, I will include one of my favorite clips/sounds! I've always liked this opening, I guess because it fills me with anticipation for the story ahead.

HopefulHeart

Picard seems to be conflicted.... :P

My classes are done for the week, which means that spring break has begun!!! 

In one of my classes yesterday:

Professor: Is anyone going anywhere next week for spring break?

Student 1: I'm going to California!

Student 2: I'm going to Daytona!

Student 3: I'm going to Miami!

Me (to myself): I'm going to church!

HopefulHeart

Just got back from my diocese's (that's a tough word to say aloud lol) annual Catholic Women's Conference. There was Mass celebrated by the bishop and presentations by a few speakers. My favorite speaker was Sr. Mary Gabriel of the Sisters of Life. I got to shake hands with the bishop, and he actually remembered me from a past meeting last fall, which made me quite happy. Plus, I got to see the Daughters of St. Paul, who were selling books at the conference. I like the Daughters a lot, so it was nice to have them visit my diocese. :)

HopefulHeart

The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde, is such a fantastic play. It makes me laugh out loud every time I reread parts of it.

Lady Bracknell.  It is very strange.  This Mr. Bunbury seems to suffer from curiously bad health.

Algernon.  Yes; poor Bunbury is a dreadful invalid.

Lady Bracknell.  Well, I must say, Algernon, that I think it is high time that Mr. Bunbury made up his mind whether he was going to live or to die.  This shilly-shallying with the question is absurd

Ancilla Domini

The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde, is such a fantastic play. It makes me laugh out loud every time I reread parts of it.

Lady Bracknell.  It is very strange.  This Mr. Bunbury seems to suffer from curiously bad health.

Algernon.  Yes; poor Bunbury is a dreadful invalid.

Lady Bracknell.  Well, I must say, Algernon, that I think it is high time that Mr. Bunbury made up his mind whether he was going to live or to die.  This shilly-shallying with the question is absurd

​I love this play sooo much! It's really hilarious.

I...*ahem*....also like the movie....*coughcoughMichaelRedgrave* :P

HopefulHeart

Oh yeah, I forgot about the movie! Great rendition of the play, and Mr. Redgrave was fabulous as always. ;)

HopefulHeart

Going back to school this morning, so I'm listening to one of my favorite tunes to get pumped up. :) Give it a listen!

HopefulHeart

Controversy has erupted over a bronze statue of Lucille Ball that was recently put up in her hometown in NY. The reason for the controversy is pretty obvious if you look at the picture of the statue.

V0u6Cg5.jpg

Seriously, the thing looks like a zombie or an ugly witch. "Take your Vitameatavegamin, my pretty! Mwahahaha!"

Ancilla Domini

Controversy has erupted over a bronze statue of Lucille Ball that was recently put up in her hometown in NY. The reason for the controversy is pretty obvious if you look at the picture of the statue.

V0u6Cg5.jpg

Seriously, the thing looks like a zombie or an ugly witch. "Take your Vitameatavegamin, my pretty! Mwahahaha!"

​YES! I saw this! xD It's terrifying. "You'll like this medecineee. I've prepared it specially! Hehehe"