An Old School Catholic Message Board

questions about discerning a vocation to Consecrated Virginity

LoveZoe11

NadaTeTurbe

I read with interest your post. Did you try reading "introduction to the devout life" by St Francis of Sales ? He writed about how to live a saint life in the word - how to pray, how to deal with friendship, etc... and I think, while you discern, reading it and following his advices would be very helpful ! 

God's Beloved

Does anyone here have the Latin version of the Rite of consecration of virgins?

I need the Latin version of the following from the Introduction

NATURE AND VALUE OF CONSECRATION TO VIRGINITY:

The custom of consecrating women to a life of virginity flourished even in the early Church. It led to the formation of a solemn rite constituting the candidate a sacred person, a surpassing sign of the Church’s love for Christ, and an eschatological image of the world to come and the glory of the heavenly Bride of Christ.

Thanks!

I read with interest your post. Did you try reading "introduction to the devout life" by St Francis of Sales ? He writed about how to live a saint life in the word - how to pray, how to deal with friendship, etc... and I think, while you discern, reading it and following his advices would be very helpful ! 

​I love St. Francis De Sales! I even discerned with the cloistered Visitation Sisters. Introduction to the Devout Life is on my reading list!