An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bossy Coworker

tinytherese

Here's what I would do:

Every time she tells you to do something, ignore what she says, do what you were taught in training, and say, "what?".

When she repeats her command, say, "what?".

She may ask a third time. Again, reply with, "what?".

Every command, you say "what."

Repeat.

Reply "what" every single time. It may get awkward at first, but keep at it. She'll eventually stop.

Nihil Obstat

Here's what I would do:

Every time she tells you to do something, ignore what she says, do what you were taught in training, and say, "what?".

When she repeats her command, say, "what?".

She may ask a third time. Again, reply with, "what?".

Every command, you say "what."

Repeat.

Reply "what" every single time. It may get awkward at first, but keep at it. She'll eventually stop.

You can follow the example of a priest who recounted in one of his homilies that when he had to deal with a difficult female border guard, he decided to pray for her husband.

Seriously, the first thing you need to do is document every instance of mistreatment and get witnesses and be prepared to be a witness for others.  The second thing you can do is that when she argues with you because you follow store policy, you can call her bluff and say, "let's call the manager over and see what he/she says".

The good thing about calling the manager over is that if she's the crazy one the manager will all ready pretty much have a good idea that she is, but if she's not the crazy one then unfortunately you will now be the crazy one. It's a roll of the dice. 

Is the person who trained you on your shift? If so, perhaps you can arrange a quick chat with the three of you. If not, I'd tell her what Beatitude said earlier in that what she is telling you is contradictory to what you have been taught. Maybe she  was once a bagged and needs a refresher.  I've never seen freezer burn if a frozen item contacts meat in a bag.. Ever. She's the cashier, you're the bagger. She may need to hear that.  Respect your elders, though. If others are experiencing the same, time for the manager to step in.... Too bad