An Old School Catholic Message Board

Easter Eggs vs Chocolates

oremus1

HopefulHeart

I am definitely over 25 and I still love Easter eggs. However, my tastes have changed since I was a kid. Now I'm more I'm more likely to buy an Easter egg in a flavor I like from a well-known candy store (the same store that would sell nice chocolates) than to eat a chocolate bunny or jelly beans. But that's just me. I also love decorated Easter cookies. One exception to my change in tastes--Cadbury's chocolate eggs. As I said in my earlier post, part of the reason that Easter treats felt (and still feel) so special are that they are only available at Easter.

Ideally others will speak up about how they feel about Easter eggs and other Easter treats.

​Ooh, Cadbury's chocolate eggs are one of my Easter staples! :like2: Even though they're not very high quality chocolate, I still look forward to having them. Last Easter I actually set aside a bag of Cadbury eggs so I could enjoy them later in the year. I ended up eating them in the middle of the summer.

I am not over 25, but I think giving out Easter eggs is fine. There are some "fancier" brands you can try, such as Lindt or Ghiradelli. (This is assuming that the OP is referring to chocolate Easter eggs and not to dyed, hard-boiled eggs.)

AccountDeleted

I'm not as fond of the hollow chocolate Easter eggs as I am of the Cadbury creme filled ones that only come out at Easter. Those are so rich and so sweet that I can only have one every once in awhile, but I do love them.

cadbury_creme_egg_40g_4_eggs.jpg

I'm not as fond of the hollow chocolate Easter eggs as I am of the Cadbury creme filled ones that only come out at Easter. Those are so rich and so sweet that I can only have one every once in awhile, but I do love them.

cadbury_creme_egg_40g_4_eggs.jpg

​In the UK you can get them all year round! But not in Oz then? I like them too, but as you say they're sooo tooth-hurtingly sweet so I only eat them about every other year! :)

IgnatiusofLoyola

I read recently that for some reason I can't remember, the Cadbury Creme Eggs sold in the U.S. are different than those sold in the UK. That made me realize that I have never actually had a REAL Cadbury Creme egg, only imposters. Since I won't be getting back to the UK anytime soon--more likely never because of my health :cry4: --I found a Web site that sells British foods, and I may order a Cadbury Creme Egg imported from the UK just so I can taste the real thing.

In addition to the Creme Eggs, in the U.S. at least, at Easter time they sell Cadbury chocolate eggs which are just basically small milk chocolate eggs, covered with a crispy coating like that of an M&M or a Smartie. (As a true Anglophile I like Smarties more than M&Ms.) These eggs are also only available at Easter in the U.S. and they are lovely.

Nihil Obstat

I read recently that for some reason I can't remember, the Cadbury Creme Eggs sold in the U.S. are different than those sold in the UK. That made me realize that I have never actually had a REAL Cadbury Creme egg, only imposters. Since I won't be getting back to the UK anytime soon--more likely never because of my health :cry4: --I found a Web site that sells British foods, and I may order a Cadbury Creme Egg imported from the UK just so I can taste the real thing.

In addition to the Creme Eggs, in the U.S. at least, at Easter time they sell Cadbury chocolate eggs which are just basically small milk chocolate eggs, covered with a crispy coating like that of an M&M or a Smartie. (As a true Anglophile I like Smarties more than M&Ms.) These eggs are also only available at Easter in the U.S. and they are lovely.

​I believe I heard once that the Canadian Cadbury eggs are the same as the UK ones.

puellapaschalis

Cadbury's got taken over by a US concern who then instructed a change in the type of chocolate used in Creme Eggs, from Dairy Milk to the type of chocolate favoured by US consumers. Cue British Creme Egg fans in uproar. Save the Real Creme Egg! Down with tasteless Hershey's! (Or whatever it is)

IgnatiusofLoyola

​I believe I heard once that the Canadian Cadbury eggs are the same as the UK ones.

​I have always liked Canada, and this is just another reason why. :)

I returned the chocolates today; explained it was a terrible confusion.

Easter is for eggs, not boxed chocolates. Shape matters. Oval not square.

Nihil Obstat

I returned the chocolates today; explained it was a terrible confusion.

Easter is for eggs, not boxed chocolates. Shape matters. Oval not square.

Cadbury's got taken over by a US concern who then instructed a change in the type of chocolate used in Creme Eggs, from Dairy Milk to the type of chocolate favoured by US consumers. Cue British Creme Egg fans in uproar. Save the Real Creme Egg! Down with tasteless Hershey's! (Or whatever it is)

​Hershey's is disgusting.

AccountDeleted

​Still tastes like good old Cadbury's here in Australia. Maybe only the US tastebuds like Hersheys? I don't mind a Hershey's milk chocolate bar - I like the thinness of it) but Cadbury's is definitely better chocolate. And there is nothing like a block of plain milk chocolate (unless it's a creme egg). :) 

IgnatiusofLoyola

​Still tastes like good old Cadbury's here in Australia. Maybe only the US tastebuds like Hersheys? I don't mind a Hershey's milk chocolate bar - I like the thinness of it) but Cadbury's is definitely better chocolate. And there is nothing like a block of plain milk chocolate (unless it's a creme egg). :)

​This U.S. tastebud far prefers Cadbury's to Hershey's. :)

AccountDeleted

​This U.S. tastebud far prefers Cadbury's to Hershey's. :)

​Well, when I first got to Oz at age 16, I thought that Cadbury was strange because I was so used to Hershey but over time my palette matured and I realized that Hershey was a child's chocolate, whereas Cadbury is an adult's chocolate! :P 

When you guys say "Easter eggs" you are talking about hard boiled eggs right? And, some of you are saying you prefer hard boiled eggs to chocolate?!

<-- Legit confused.