An Old School Catholic Message Board

"You are not allowed to give reputation to this user."

Ash Wednesday

truthfinder

Nope. I was having a similar error for the past couple weeks but haven't had it since the last changes. Running chrome on windows 8 and iOS. 

AccountDeleted

Are you trying to give props to someone who is only a guest or has less than a certain number of posts (you know how you have to have so many before you can use PM). Or is the person Phishy or something else that might make them ineligible?

Or are you out of props?

Just some suggestions. I really have no idea.

You're  Mediator of Meh - I thought you could do anything! :) 

And on another note: I have been very curious about my rep going up and down all the time. I know that the day changes in a 24 hour period but one minute I will have a certain number of props and then within half an hour I will have lost 2 of them or something - and this keeps repeating. If I were paranoid I might think some Mediators of Meh who don't like me was erasing them!  :P  

Ash Wednesday

Ah, maybe that is the message that comes up when someone is out of props... I'll see if it resets in a while. 

I don't even know how this place works and I'm supposed to police it. Now that's just sad.

I got it a few times, but then it "gave reputation" anyway.

Personally, I find the wording of that error message borderline-naughty. Maybe it's just me.

Ash Wednesday

I got my props back. So apparently that is the default message when you've propped your max amount in a day. I normally don't prop to the point I run out of them, so I guess Lent had made me too nice. :evil: 

I got it a few times, but then it "gave reputation" anyway.

Personally, I find the wording of that error message borderline-naughty. Maybe it's just me.

It is an odd error message. It's like:

"You are not allowed to give reputation to this user. You will be committing a grave sin of detraction."

AccountDeleted

I got my props back. So apparently that is the default message when you've propped your max amount in a day. I normally don't prop to the point I run out of them, so I guess Lent had made me too nice. :evil: 

It is an odd error message. It's like:

"You are not allowed to give reputation to this user. You will be committing a grave sin of detraction."

That's really funny. :) 

IgnatiusofLoyola

Is anyone getting this error message?

​Yes, I get this message sometimes, but I haven't been able to figure out a pattern yet as to when I get the message about not being able to give reputation to this user. Also, I never checked as to whether it gave props anyway, despite the message. I'll have to notice from now on.

I get a different message when I have given my maximum number of props in a day. It tells me I have reached my 24-hour maximum. However, the 24-hour period is not a calendar day. Usually if I wait a couple of hours it lets me give props again--at least a couple. :idontknow:

truthfinder

Huh, just had this error pop up.  It was on someone who has less than 100 posts, but it gave the prop anyways.  :blink:

Nihil Obstat

I think the prop limit is a floating system. So if you propped someone at 3pm and 5pm you get those props back at 3pm and 5pm the next day.