An Old School Catholic Message Board

Balance - Is it a thing?

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

I have a problem with balance. Anyone else? I seem to end up in more self-inflicted accidents than anyone I know. :ohno: I don't have inner ear problems or anything that should cause this; I'm just clumsy, I guess.

I have some stories. You? Let's entertain each other. :)

Nihil Obstat

We got two kittens a couple months ago. They had been abandoned in a box by the side of a road. As they grew a bit bigger in the box, one of the kittens' tails grew with two really significant kinks in it. One right by the base and one towards the tip. I am pretty sure her misshapen tail is the reason she is so much clumsier than her sister. She keeps slipping off things and missing the things she tries to jump on.

Occasionally I suffer with vertigo and dizziness. When I'm having a spell, I try to avoid doing activities that day that require lots of balance (showering, biking, taking a walk). It's really amazing how much balance you need when you take a shower :wacko:

franciscanheart

I fall off my bike a lot. Dust thinks I'm a bad driver and I'm sure the two are somehow linked.

Ash Wednesday

Balance is a thing. It's also easier for people to balance on one leg than the other. Something to do with right handed-left handed, vision, etc.

I was waiting for the bus the other day around 8pm and some dude just drives by on his bike down the middle of the street and starts riding on one wheel, out of nowhere. I don't know if he was trying to show off or just feeling like a boss.

I was waiting for the bus the other day around 8pm and some dude just drives by on his bike down the middle of the street and starts riding on one wheel, out of nowhere. I don't know if he was trying to show off or just feeling like a boss.

​Are you talking about a wheelie?

HopefulHeart

I have awful balance when it comes to ice skating. I went skating with friends last winter at an indoor rink, and I spent most of the time holding onto the wall or clutching my friend's hand for dear life.

When I was younger I went to a birthday party at a roller skating rink. I circled the rink a few times while hugging the wall and managed to keep my balance for the most part. I started feeling more confident and decided to perform the daring feat of exiting the rink without holding the wall. As I was doing so, my legs shot out from under me, and I took an unceremonious tumble. Pride went before the fall that time.

​Are you talking about a wheelie?

​Yeah but not just a 2 or 3 second wheelie, he was riding all the way down the street on one wheel.

franciscanheart

​Probably both.

​Yeah but not just a 2 or 3 second wheelie, he was riding all the way down the street on one wheel.​

At 8pm. In the middle of the street. Like he had nowhere to go.

:lol:

I barely attempt climbing hills out of the saddle, much less popping wheelies at 8pm in the middle of the road like I have nowhere to go, so... I'm impressed.

Edited by franciscanheart

Ancilla Domini

I have weak ankles and periodically, while walking down the street, they'll just flip to the side, and I either go splat or pretend I'm inventing a new dance move.