An Old School Catholic Message Board

Feeling Nervous

totustuus20

totustuus20

I'm not sure if I am posting for prayers, or just support, but I have a question.

I am at the point in my application where all of my paperwork has been sent in, and we are scheduling my psych evaluation, and I feel that all that I can control has finished. It is making me nervous, because I am completely dependent on these sisters. Is there a way (in addition to prayer of course) to feel better about this time of waiting and nervousness?

Do you have a Spiritual Director ?or talk to the nuns maybe

P.S. I am know expert on  what your describing but I did pray before I aswered to this topic!

I'm not sure if I am posting for prayers, or just support, but I have a question.

I am at the point in my application where all of my paperwork has been sent in, and we are scheduling my psych evaluation, and I feel that all that I can control has finished. It is making me nervous, because I am completely dependent on these sisters. Is there a way (in addition to prayer of course) to feel better about this time of waiting and nervousness?

Well first of all congratulations are in order, and a little pat on the back for getting through the paperwork! (Bureaucracy is my life right now, so I am extra impressed when anyone finishes an application for anything, let alone something that you really want, like this!)

You have done your bit, now you can chill while the other side does their bit. Do what you can to not obsess over what might be happening - actively do other stuff. That always helps me. JP's suggestion is good too - if the radio silence is freaking you out, imo it's ok to phone and just chat about the weather with the sisters.

It's going to be great!

:blowkiss:

Firstly Congratulations on completing your paperwork. I agree with Marigold when she tells you to sit back and relax. I'm sure that all will be well.

God Bless you.    :nun3:

yup more kudos on finishing the paperwork, you're not alone I am in the waiting phase as well, I just try to keep myself distracted with positive things while I am waiting. Ya gota find a way to relax or else you are going to drive your self nanners.

Think about this: If you didn't trust these sisters 100%, why did you apply with them to begin with?

You did apply, so you DO trust them. So relax!

:like2:

NadaTeTurbe

you have to let it go, let it goooooooooo *sing* (sorry !) 

But seriously, i think you have to let it go, and just pray & wait. Trust the future, and trust god ! 

Maybe say this  

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures –
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Bro.Charles de Foucault. 

TheresaThoma

Cup of tea and do some fun things to distract yourself. Find some random things that you have never done in your area, make a list and then go do them. That is my best suggestion stay busy with fun stuff.

totustuus20

Thank you for your prayers. I do have a Spiritual Director, however he was recently reassigned so I do not think I will be able to see him for a while. I am trying to keep busy, but every one in a while I get nervous about the psych evaluation and all of that stuff.

If you do a search there are a few old threads by people with concerns over the psych evaluation too.  Any of the replies Ive read say that it really isn't that bad, and no one has said they failed!  Perhaps reading others' experiences might help.   

I like what Mother Angelica says "faith is one foot on the ground, one foot in the air and a queasy feeling in the stomach!"

• 2 weeks later...
totustuus20

I have not heard from the postulant mistress or the clinic in over a month. I sent all of the paperwork in 2 weeks ago, so I feel like I should be hearing from them soon. How long until I should contact them to make sure they have not forgotten about me? I do not want to seem high maintenance or needy by contacting them constantly.