An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sex in Heaven?

**Disclaimer** Josh did not start this thread.  I created this thread because Josh asked the question regarding sex in heaven which was derailing another person's thread.  

Josh's question is:

What about in Heaven? Not saying one way or the other. Although Jesus did create sex and its good. I've wondered this before but figure it's not something to dwell on.

Edited by Guest
Top Secret

I'm only talking in Heaven. I hope there is something similar to sex. And if there is I'm sure Jesus will get to be involved since he created it.

What about in Heaven? Not saying one way or the other. Although Jesus did create sex and its good. I've wondered this before but figure it's not something to dwell on.

​Matthew 22:30 

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels[a] in heaven.

​Matthew 22:30 

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels[a] in heaven.

I've read stuff from even Catholic writers that say that it isn't ruled out in heaven. But like I said earlier it's not something I'm gonna dwell on. We will find out when we get our resurrected bodies. As for me my fingers are crossed.

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

I've read stuff from even Catholic writers that say that it's ruled out in heaven. But like I said earlier it's not something I'm gonna dwell on. We will find out when we get our resurrected bodies. As for me my fingers are crossed.

Because Christ's Word isn't Gospel enough for you?

KnightofChrist

Because Christ's Word isn't Gospel enough for you?

​I've read the theological theories he's talking about. We live in a very confusing age. It is no wonder such theories cause confusion.

You have no idea once we have resurrected bodies if there will be something similar to sex. Just because there is no marriage does not rule this out. If there is or isn't sex or something similar Heaven will be perfect so I'm not worried. But as I said my fingers are crossed.

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

​I've read the theological theories he's talking about. We live in a very confusing age. It is no wonder such theories cause confusion.

We live in a sad age.

So we're gonna have glorified perfect bodies and live forever in Heaven and it's evil to think or hope I will still have the capability to be attracted to females there? Really? Obviously not lust or anything like that but......

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

So we're gonna have glorified perfect bodies and live forever in Heaven and it's evil to think or hope I will still have the capability to be attracted to females there? Really? Obviously not list or anything like that but......

​Well there will be no male and no females. Think of how expansive just the known universe is now, in which we are like mote of dust floating in the morning sky. Just in the physical universe there is so much to explore so many things to be discovered. How much more there will be in heaven that transcends all our understanding now. In the life here after there will be so many more things to concern ourselves with than males or females. We will have friends in heaven of course but there will be so much more, more than you can even imagine. In fact anything we can imagine is nothing in comparison to what will be. This world and the things we concern ourselves with here will look so very small compared to the life that is to come. 

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

Is that established fact there will be no male and females? I've heard otherwise. I like the other stuff you said and I agree.

​Christ said so, and it is recorded in Matthew 22:30. I would side with Christ rather than man.

I've heard we will retain our gender in our glorified perfect resurrected bodies. Males will look male and females like females. Beauty will still remain. This is a good thing. 

Edited by Guest