An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jubilees & Other Religious Celebrations

Luigi

wow God bless him!  I wish there was an article or something more about him as I always love reading the thoughts and experiences of those who have obviously preserved in their vocation.  That includes priesthood religious life marriage etc those who have lived the life for a long time and know what they are doing!

Indeed! The Order of Preachers will celebrate their 800th anniversary next year. Fr. Paul Aquinas has been in the order for 10% of its history!

I guess he never met St. Dominic himself, but maybe he met somebody who had known St. Dominic personally....

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I didn't realize Fr. Paul was so old but then again it does seem like he has been around for ever!

Imagine being 100!

wow God bless him!  I wish there was an article or something more about him as I always love reading the thoughts and experiences of those who have obviously preserved in their vocation.  That includes priesthood religious life marriage etc those who have lived the life for a long time and know what they are doing!

There's a 6-minute Vimeo of Fr. Paul being interviewed - here's a link (and it works! Alleluia!).

Edited by Luigi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Father Paul Aquinas Duffner, OP and 100 years old, is featured again on the FB page of the Western Dominican province. He concelebrated a double wedding - two sisters! I've never heard of such a thing. (But if Fr. Paul Aquinas was involved with it, I assume it's legit.)

Featured in Regina Magazine, this beautiful double wedding was celebrated at Holy Rosary Church in Portland. The two brides are sisters who married their respective husbands in the same Nuptial Mass. The celebrant was our own Fr. Stephen Maria Lopez, OP. One of the concelebrants was Fr. Paul Duffner, OP (center) who is 100 years old!

and here's a Dominican who recently celebrated 60 years as priest. Which means he's been in the Dominicans for probably 67 years. Not quite up there with Fr. Paul Aquinas but getting close. 

Congratulations to Fr. Hilary Martin, OP, who celebrated his 60th anniversary of ordination to the priesthood! He has spent most of his priestly life teaching philosophy and theology.

Western Dominican Vocations's photo.

• 4 weeks later...
AveMariaPurissima

Sr. Martin, OP, one of the Dominican nuns at Mount Thabor in Ortonville, MI celebrating her 97th birthday on the feast of St. Mary Magdalene. 

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11228107_1128505427166205_5636237738007006104_n.jpg?oh=8a2b507ace9ec30c37da31ea358f48be&oe=5655F909 

Love that nun! :):heart::nun: I posted the picture in the cake thread too.