An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Little Boy" opening today!

dUSt

Three things:

1: WWII movie about a little boy making an impact.  Little Boy is name of Hiroshima atomic bomb.  Ironic. 

2: After watching trailer once, link showed trailer for "Barber" with a big breasted woman.  Funny to me. 

3: Priests tells boy Faith works unless you have one shred of doubt. That is so wrong, I literally can't even....

3: Priests tells boy Faith works unless you have one shred of doubt. That is so wrong, I literally can't even....

​Yes this, but it looked so adorable I still need to see it!

Credo in Deum

If he can bring his father home why doesn't he just kill Hitler and bring everyone home?

And here I thought a movie that has a good moral theme and a positive depiction of the Church would be well received here. :(

KnightofChrist

​Yoda said the same thing about the Force to Luke. Whoopity do dah.

​Yoda said the same thing about the Force to Luke. Whoopity do dah.

​I think that's exactly the problem with this. Faith isn't some magical power to keep bad things from happening, and that seems to be exactly what the movie is saying. 

​I think that's exactly the problem with this. Faith isn't some magical power to keep bad things from happening, and that seems to be exactly what the movie is saying. 

​Oh, after seeing it, what is your complete review?

​Oh, after seeing it, what is your complete review?

​I haven't and probably won't for some time, so yeah, that's just a reaction based on the trailer. 

Lilllabettt

wow. So the actual point of the movie is that faith is NOT magic. In the child's mind they are the same, and the story of the movie is how the parish priest teaches him they are different. 

The movie does not play as well as the director's earlier attempt, "Bella," which itself was held back by pacing issues. It's frustrating, because there are many quality elements, and solid performances. It's an okay movie just on the cusp of being truly good. It feels like a missed opportunity. 

But yeah. way to  get exactly the wrong point.

How many of you knuckle heads thought American Sniper was pro-war and Zero Dark Thirty was pro-torture? 

I actually just watched Bella the other day on Netflix, it was okay, halfway decent production, acting was decent not great, was a nice idea more than a good movie.