An Old School Catholic Message Board

Salut Everybody!

M.SIGGA

Yo Pham,

I really miss being on here Lol. I've been MIA for awhile and I thought I might fill everybody in (if you really want to know lol). I was able to attend the 60th Anniversary Ceremonies in D-Day with George W. and Chirac and a bunch of other presidents last Sunday at Omaha Beach near Bayeaux, Normandie.

Afterwards this past week it all sort of went downhill.... France is on a Code Red alert because of Iraq drama and the upcomming EU elections and I was stopped and interrogated on Monday by a soldier with a machine gun (forgot the passport for the first time - long story).

There was an anti-Bush protest which was sort of scary across the street from my hotel and it got sort of scary when the protestors started burning stuff :(

Tuesday i got a minor staph infection and i had to get hospitalized for a day and I was sent home for bed rest until last night when my fever finally broke.

Today it was nice though... I went to Versailles and I finally got to go to Confession at Notre Dame because thats the only place were the priests speak English. i was able to see the Incorrupt bodies of St. Vincent de Paul and St. Catherine Labourd, and the Chair of the Miraculous Medal too.

I'm going to Basilique de Sacre Coeur tommorow for the Corpus Christi procession and I'll be in Liseaux on Thursday and Lourdes (yay!) on Saturday so I'll light some candles for everyone - holla back with some prayer requests and I'll definitely bring them with me.

The people here have been soooo nice too so don't believe everything you hear about the French - one guy even did my laundry a week ago because I couldn't understand the directions lol. They really literally bend over backwards to help Americans out.

Paix en Christ!

Cure of Ars

You get better.

St. John Vianney was French so they can't be that bad.

Oh ya if you would pray from my family.

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Jun 12 2004, 03:19 PM'] Why are you in Europe? In the military? [/quote]
nope. study abroad. i'm taking 6 hrs at the univ of paris. i'm staying home tonight with some friends and we're watching TV for the first time in 3 weeks ... and catching up on hmwork lol. I don't watch MTV at home much, but here the French HipHop is really really funny and the French have a really wierd obcession with the "Milkshake" song because it comes on like every other 4th video.

Glad to see you're having a great time minus the few mishaps.

I'd love to go to France some day since French is my first language. Both sides of my family are from there but I've never actually been.

littleflower+JMJ

oh i'm glad you updated us sigga! wow sounds like its been intersting for you :P

im glad everything is going okay regards and your gonna be seeing such great stuff.

how wonderful it must be to see the incorrupt saints!! wow! :freak: :shock: thats amazing!

pray for all of phatmass and all the pham.

oh and if you can say a prayer for me for my school.

thanks so much for posting we really do miss you! :sadder:

God bless and let us know how you are and when your coming back to the states.

+JMJ+

lol... but the only prob is they call our finest export to France (aka the World's Dairy Capital) Idiot coagulated milk.

I'm copying all the intentions down everyday so keep'em coming or you can message me before Thurs.

I sort of can't afford to chat again until next week because it actually costs like 1 euro every 15 minutes online and that has to be reserved for school stuff, but I'll definitly be lurking about once a day.

God Bless :D and Corpus Christi is tommorow and [color=red][b]FEAST of the SACRED HEART [/b][/color]is this Friday so someone post something big and cool Lol.

i was wondering where you were at...

can you pray for me that I thank God at the end of the day for everything...good and bad and that I continue to do His will without complaint or doubt...

and for the reconciliation of mine and my brother's relationship with our dad...

oh, and that my atheist side of the family become practicing believers...

CreepyCrawler

excuse-moi pour le mauvais francais. (il y a un an que j'ai etudie et ecrit le francais). s'il vous plait, prie:
pour que je sois une meillure chretien(e?)
pour le pere d'un ami qui a eu un "stroke" et maintenant il est paralyse.
pour la fille d'une amie qui a des problemes avec les drogues.
pour la mere d'une amie tres vieille qui s'est casse la jambe.

merci beaucoup m. sigga! j'espere que tu passes un bon temps a paris! j'ai trouve que les marches de plein aire etaient tres interessants quand j'etais a paris. dis: "bonjour et je t'aime a la virgen de lourdes"

a plus!

let_go_let_God

I get to go to Paris for three days on part of a music trip. Any suggestions on what I should go see while I'm there. Only problem is, I'm going with a non-secular group, and can't go anywhere alone.

Hey bro, please pray for my grandmother, who is near death, and also that some personal goals of mine, which you know all about, will be realized, and that a find a job.