An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fallen Soul, Evil Soul, Lost Soul, Soulless or lack of a soul or to loss ones soul, corrupted soul

Guest Link83

Can you tell me what a soul exactly is, is it the mind of the brain, is it the heart, or is it the spirit, or is it the whole living body, with mind, with heart, and spirit? Can you tell me what the difference is between a Fallen Soul, a Lost Soul, an Evil Soul, and also what those Soulless, lack of a soul, or to loss ones Soul, or to have no Soul at all meanings what?

• 2 months later...
MarysLittleFlower

Can you tell me what a soul exactly is, is it the mind of the brain, is it the heart, or is it the spirit, or is it the whole living body, with mind, with heart, and spirit? Can you tell me what the difference is between a Fallen Soul, a Lost Soul, an Evil Soul, and also what those Soulless, lack of a soul, or to loss ones Soul, or to have no Soul at all meanings what?

A soul gives life to the body. It can be a spirit (as for humans) or material (for animals and plants). So our souls are immortal spirits and we are made in God's image :) the Angels don't have souls because they don't have bodies but they are spirits. Does this make sense? A spirit giving life to a body is called a soul. :) a fallen soul is a human being who has removed themselves from God's life and grace.

The opposite is a person in a state of grace, with God dwelling within them. We all start in the fallen state, due to the fall of Adam and Eve. We are restored in Baptism. If we sin mortally since then we go back to a fallen state and then have to go to Confession to receive the state of grace again. A fallen spirit in general (not necessarily a soul) can include an angel who fell and we call them demons. This only happened at the beginning and won't happen any more. Such angels can't repent and come back like humans on earth can because of the strength of knowledge and will involved in their choice. You have a Guardian Angel who chose God. :) 

Lost souls are humans who died in sin and are forever now in rebellion towards God in hell. They cannot love. As for evil soul, human souls are not in themselves evil - the fall didn't make us evil, we are still in God's image but drawn to evil and not in grace unless we receive the ways to enter a state of grace. As for soul less, - the only soulless things on earth are non living objects like your desk. All humans have souls. Hope that helps! God bless you!