An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dr Ben Carson

dUSt

Era Might

Just a little a little political entertainment for the summer months, nothing to see here.

PhuturePriest

He plans to keep Guantanamo Bay open, so he's at the very least a partial idiot.

I like him well enough but I'm always wary of anyone running for any political office.  At the very least, as a prominent member of the medical community he should have some good insight on the practical effects of Obamacare and hopefully try to implement some changes.  I'd like my health insurance back...wishful thinking perhaps.  I agree with a lot of his political views but I'm not a diehard Republican.  I consider myself somewhat moderate.  I never get too excited about political elections though because it's all so corrupt.  As to what kind of president he would be, only time will tell I guess...

I think he believes his own press. He's just a smart guy with some political opinions which is great but doesn't mean you should run for president. 

I read he had some special tutoring sessions with the Heritage Foundation about what to think about foreign policy. These are ideas you should come up with on your own over years, not in a 5 hour cram session from ideologues. Of course I don't have opinions on every foreign policy issue, I have a job of my own, and he had a job of his own. His main appeal to the base is they believe they will be able to control him. 

Winchester

The one thing we can be sure of is the GITMO will stay open. The government must be able to torture people, even though it doesn't work.

The one thing we can be sure of is the GITMO will stay open. The government must be able to torture people, even though it doesn't work.

GITMO is not needed for "torture".  It can be done anywhere.   But kudos for pseudo - pithy.  You got some to prop , LOL. 

Ancilla Domini

I stumbled upon his site a few months ago. He was giving out the chance to win a free ipod in exchange for support. :|

Winchester

GITMO is not needed for "torture".  It can be done anywhere.   But kudos for pseudo - pithy.  You got some to prop , LOL. 

​I don't think it is, I just wanted to acknowledge the one campaign promise Ben will keep.

I think he believes his own press. He's just a smart guy with some political opinions which is great but doesn't mean you should run for president. 

​Of course not. 

Only life-long professional politicians should seek high public office, because the professional political class, of course, always knows what is best for the rest of us.  Just ask Hillary.

​Of course not. 

Only life-long professional politicians should seek high public office, because the professional political class, of course, always knows what is best for the rest of us.  Just ask Hillary.

I just think you should have some extensive experience governing before the White House. As we have seen with the current president, on-the-job training is not appropriate.