An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dr Ben Carson

dUSt

I just think you should have some extensive experience governing before the White House. As we have seen with the current president, on-the-job training is not appropriate. 

​As I see it, the real problem with Barry isn't lack of political experience, but his commitment to an absolutely atrocious ideology, as well as his dishonesty and  lack of moral principle (though that's hardly unique among politicians).

For whatever else you might say about him, the man is skilled at playing politics.

Edited by Socrates

PhuturePriest

​Why ? 

​He was using sarcasm. A good rule of thumb on Phatmass is "If it sounds ridiculous, assume it's sarcastic."

fides' Jack

I'm not into politics (even as much as I should be to be considered a good Catholic), so I haven't heard of this guy before.  But I'm glad I decided to take a stroll around here again.  I've now watched several of his speeches, and can say that I haven't heard him say anything I disagree with.  

Heck, I'd vote for him just because he's NOT the usual politician, though it's unfortunate that probably also means he has very little chance of winning the primaries.  I'd take him over Romney any day.

His stance on the 5 non-negotiables seems a bit unclear, though.  I'd have to hear him speak directly to those issues.