An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters of St. Paul Retreat in July

HopefulHeart

HopefulHeart

The Daughters of St. Paul will be having a retreat in Boston in July. Is anyone thinking of going? I will probably be there. This retreat will be my fourth discernment event with the Daughters. :)

JINX2Dt.jpg

veritasluxmea

I'm thinking of going too :) I should know by the end of this month. It would be my first retreat with them. 

MargaretTeresa

>sigh< So wish I could go, but July is "no time off" in my line of work.

I did a live in for a week last year with the sisters in NOLA. Need to get to a more formal discernment event. :)

HopefulHeart

I'm thinking of going too :) I should know by the end of this month. It would be my first retreat with them. 

Cool! I hope you'll be able to go. :)​ 

I did a live in for a week last year with the sisters in NOLA. Need to get to a more formal discernment event. :)

​Aw, that's unfortunate you can't make it. A live in sounds like a great experience. Sr. MM has mentioned a live in to me, but I haven't had a chance to do one yet.

sr.christinaosf

If anyone's interested in something in the Midwest, we're having what's called "Mother Daughter Days" in June.  For more info., see my blog post about it.

sr.christinaosf

I'm disappointed that I probably can't come - one of our receptionists here is having surgery right before it and probably better stay here to fill in. :(

AuthorOfMyLife

That's interesting! Did they let you live in without going to the motherhouse in Boston first? I'm curious because I live close to New Orleans, LA (I'm in Mississippi), and I have been interested in the Daughters of Saint Paul, but I don't really know if I can make it to Boston for a while.

MargaretTeresa

That's interesting! Did they let you live in without going to the motherhouse in Boston first? I'm curious because I live close to New Orleans, LA (I'm in Mississippi), and I have been interested in the Daughters of Saint Paul, but I don't really know if I can make it to Boston for a while.

​It started off as a week retreat. I had so much time off from work that I had to use some and decided to do that. Then when I was talking to Sr MM right before the retreat, she told me that a week there was more like a weekend. You should totally talk to Sr Tracey about going down for a weekend or three days. I'd do that quite a bit, too.

AuthorOfMyLife

Thank you very much for that information, MargaretTeresa! I'm not quite at the point of visiting yet (still working out health issues), but you have really encouraged me for when that time comes. Thank you for replying!

MargaretTeresa

Thank you very much for that information, MargaretTeresa! I'm not quite at the point of visiting yet (still working out health issues), but you have really encouraged me for when that time comes. Thank you for replying!

​Not a problem! If you have more questions, you can PM me or email me. prayerwarriormt@Hotmail.com.

God bless!

AuthorOfMyLife

​Not a problem! If you have more questions, you can PM me or email me. prayerwarriormt@Hotmail.com.

God bless!

​Thank you--that is so kind! I may do that in the future :) God bless you, too!

:o)Katherine:o)

​I am in Mississippi as well! Sr. MM and I had talked over the phone and she invited me to visit the sisters in NOLA. I went for a weekend and Sr. Tracey invited me back for a week. I have not yet been to the motherhouse. I am hoping to go back for another visit soon. When you are ready for a visit, reach out to Sr. Tracey! If you have any questions please reach out to Margaret Teresa or myself. God Bless! :)

AuthorOfMyLife

​I am in Mississippi as well! Sr. MM and I had talked over the phone and she invited me to visit the sisters in NOLA. I went for a weekend and Sr. Tracey invited me back for a week. I have not yet been to the motherhouse. I am hoping to go back for another visit soon. When you are ready for a visit, reach out to Sr. Tracey! If you have any questions please reach out to Margaret Teresa or myself. God Bless! :)

​Thank you very much! This is very kind of you. I hope very much to visit them at some point, and it is very nice to know that they are flexible about it. God bless you, too! :)

HopefulHeart

It's great to see other discerners interested in the Paulines! I am fairly serious in my discernment with them, and I have visited the motherhouse and the Chicago community. (I'm also hoping to stop by the Alexandria bookstore next month with my parents!) I encourage anyone interested in the Daughters to get in touch with Sr. Margaret Michael. She is amazing and will talk with discerners by phone, Skype, or email. :)