An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters of St. Paul Retreat in July

HopefulHeart

:o)Katherine:o)

Do we need to form a Pauline fan club? LOL :nun2:

​The dancing sister is so adorable! ha It is nice to meet others that are discerning or at least interested in the Pauline family!

HopefulHeart

I will gladly join the Pauline fan club! :cool:

One of my favorite fun experiences with the Daughters was the New Years celebration at the motherhouse, with skits and line dancing. Some other discerners and I did a skit called "How Not to Discern," and the nuns really liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
HopefulHeart

Bumping this so other young women who might be interested in the retreat can see the info.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the communities that I'm interested in. I wish I could go on this retreat! There are a few other communities that I'm interested in so I don't know if I can.

:o)Katherine:o)

Update: I am definitely going to the retreat! :) Anyone else?

​Yay! So happy for you HopefulHeart! You will be in my prayers! :cool:

HopefulHeart

​Yay! So happy for you HopefulHeart! You will be in my prayers! :cool:

​Thank you, Katherine! I will pray for you as well. :)

dominicansoul

I discerned with the Paulines way back in the '90s.  They were my first love, before I discovered the Dominicans.  For the longest time, I pondered getting a tattoo of their logo:

daughters_st_paul_logo.gif

I discerned with the Paulines way back in the '90s.  They were my first love, before I discovered the Dominicans.  For the longest time, I pondered getting a tattoo of their logo:

​really? whatever!  you say that about every religious community's logo!  At one point you said you were going to get the dsmme logo tattooed on your back!! rotfl

I also thought you said your first love before the OPs and the Paulines and and and was

THE CARMELITES

IgnatiusofLoyola

​OT--This made me wonder if there are any Communities that would reject an applicant if she had a tattoo? :think:

HopefulHeart

​OT--This made me wonder if there are any Communities that would reject an applicant if she had a tattoo? :think:

​In general, I don't think an applicant would be rejected purely because she had a tattoo. It may still be something to mention to the vocation director during the discernment process, especially if the tattoo is in a more visible area (hand, neck, etc.). I think it really depends on the individual discerner, as well as the community. However, I don't have any personal experience with this issue, so other people may have better insights. :)

• 2 weeks later...