An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Flash Mob to Celebrate Year of Consecrated Life

incarnatewordsister

incarnatewordsister

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh36c2xiNT3gly3qtoWaNTw Wake the World with Dawning Joy

Sisters of the Diocese of Corpus Christi performed a flash mob at La Palmera Mall on Saturday May 23, 2015 at 11:00 am. The Sisters sang the song "Wake the World with Dawning Joy" inspired by the words of Pope Francis and composed by Steve C Warner to celebrate the year of Consecrated Life 2015.

As an encore the Sisters sang Hail Holy Queen from the movie Sister Act.  The Sisters want to show to the public that consecrated life is thriving in Corpus Christi. There were various religious congregations participating in the flash mob. It a lot of fun.

Sr. Helga

I have long been interested in the Incarnate Word sisters ever since I met a woman, long deceased, who was taken by her father, who was escaping from Mexico in the time of Pancho Villa, and put into a convent school run by these sisters. She thought highly of these sisters.

My understanding is that there are three groups of Incarnate Word Sisters in Texas.  I am wondering if there are any plans for these separate groups to merge, given their common charism. The Dominican active sisters, who had formed a number of separate communities in the 19-20th century, have undergone mergers (Dominican Sisters of Peace), as have the Franciscan active sisters (Neumann Communities).