An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mercedarian Nuns

John Paul

On the friars website on the home page they have a slideshow of pictures  on two photos there are mercedarian nuns who dress like the spanish carmelites but wear white.Do they have a website ?Does anyone know any info about these nuns.

Edited by John Paul

IgnatiusofLoyola

On the friars website on the home page they have a slideshow of pictures  on two photos there are mercedarian nuns who dress like the spanish carmelites but wear white.Do they have a website ?Does anyone know any info about these nuns.

​What did you find when you did an Internet search on the Mercedarian nuns as well as check Web sites that list religious Orders, for example, the Institute for Religious Life?

tnavarro61

​What did you find when you did an Internet search on the Mercedarian nuns as well as check Web sites that list religious Orders, for example, the Institute for Religious Life?

:ditto:

Only the mercedarian sisters of the Blessed Sacrament but these nuns had grilles and wore wimples.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Only the mercedarian sisters of the Blessed Sacrament but these nuns had grilles and wore wimples.

JP--Even with the Internet, research involves a lot more than just looking at one Web site for which someone gave you the link. For example, when I searched under "Mercedarian nuns," I got a pdf file with a long history of the Mercedarian Order. I didn't read the file--this is YOUR research, not mine--but it was so lengthy that I assume that the cloistered nuns and their history are mentioned somewhere.​

Then I tried searching under "Mercediarian cloistered nuns" because sometimes people use the words "nun" and "Sister" interchangeably. When I did that, I found references to the fact that, at one point in their history, one group of Mercedarian cloistered nuns decided to ask to be released from enclosure to become active Religious Sisters. I also found a couple of references to a convent of Mercediarian cloistered nuns apparently still in existence--these may be the nuns you are looking for.

I'm not giving you the links because this is YOUR research, not mine. If I found these links so easily (it took me less than five minutes), then presumably you can easily do the research yourself.

Enjoy! 

Yup,  a quick research is all you need ------ I tried it and I'm so short on time to putz around with this sort of stuff :)