An Old School Catholic Message Board

Moments of Grace

4LoveofJMJ

4LoveofJMJ

The Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles just came out with their first book called Moments of Grace full of fun and inspirational stories from the sisters. They are even having a book signing on June 13th in San Marino. It looks so cool!  Seriously love this order and wish I was still in California so that I can visit them.

:o)Katherine:o)

I have their cd! Such a beautiful community! I have had a phone call or two with their vocation director. Such a vibrant and joyous community! Thank you for sharing about the book. I will add it to my wish list. :)

sr.christinaosf

This post reminds me of two resources in our community  In the 70s or 80s, our Sister Patricia compiled a beautiful book with the history and memories of each of our missions here on the prairies of the United States.  

When I came as a postulant, in preparation for our 100th year in this country (having come from Germany), I was asked to interview many of our sisters who were no longer able to write out their stories to preserve them.  What a wonderful opportunity that was for me!  I tape-recorded and transcribed the interviews.  Now, with the electronic files of the transcripts, I am able to include them in our blog which I started in February, Our Franciscan Fiat.  This past week I wrote about our Sister Konradine

I wish I had electronic files for Prairie Praise as well.  These stories from history can be so inspiring...

Spem in alium

How wonderful! About three years ago I actually contacted their VD and she sounded so lovely. 

be_thou_my_vision

I remember being impressed with this community because all the Sisters seemed very happy and healthy, emotionally and otherwise. When I was a Sister (in another community) I got to meet a lot of Sisters from various communities. Of all the Sisters I've met in my travels, these Sisters have been consistently healthy and happy. They have very good formation. I can't say enough good things about them!

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

I ordered the book and got it in the mail this afternoon and have barely put it down since. The sisters have done a wonderful job putting together these short stories full of blessings, laughter, and heart-warming moments.

I definitely suggest this book to anyone and everyone.