An Old School Catholic Message Board

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Soldier4Him

Soldier4Him

My computer is dying. I've moved into the family room on my parents. I think it has a virus that is slowly eating away all my stuff......I'm mad!!!! I'm gonna cry! Maybe it's just God telling me to go to bed. Or my computer telling me it's on overload. I unplugged it. I may not be on PM as often for a while til I figure this out.....PRAY FOR MY FRUSTRATION!!!!!!

And my comp..... :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder:

~Alissa

:crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 13 2004, 02:24 AM'] My computer is dying. I've moved into the family room on my parents. I think it has a virus that is slowly eating away all my stuff......I'm mad!!!! I'm gonna cry! Maybe it's just God telling me to go to bed. Or my computer telling me it's on overload. I unplugged it. I may not be on PM as often for a while til I figure this out.....PRAY FOR MY FRUSTRATION!!!!!!

And my comp..... :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder:

~Alissa

:crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: [/quote]
What is the problem? What exactly is it doing?

Soldier4Him

i go to the start menu, and go to connections, and then the start menu freezes up, and i can't get into it anymore. i tired going into the network connections through My Computer, but it froze up again. I tried to get into the help menu to do system restore, and now that won't work either. *SNIFF* :sadder: *sniff...* :sadder: *......sniff.......* :cry: :cry: :cry:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 13 2004, 02:36 AM'] i go to the start menu, and go to connections, and then the start menu freezes up, and i can't get into it anymore. i tired going into the network connections through My Computer, but it froze up again. I tried to get into the help menu to do system restore, and now that won't work either. *SNIFF* :sadder: *sniff...* :sadder: *......sniff.......* :cry: :cry: :cry: [/quote]
Can you get to the Network Connections from the Control Panel? If not, have you tried going into Safe Mode and accessing it through there?

Soldier4Him

I tried control pannel. Ooh, but not Safe Mode.......

I will now journey back to my room and try. I hope my computer doesn't do this :pebcam: to me again......

I'll be back......i hope.....

My computer likes to turn itself off without warning. It's so mean. :angry: It usually does that when I'm in the middle of a really good post. :crash:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Colleen' date='Jun 13 2004, 02:46 AM'] My computer likes to turn itself off without warning. It's so mean. :angry: It usually does that when I'm in the middle of a really good post. :crash: [/quote]
What version of Windows?

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 13 2004, 12:48 AM'] What version of Windows? [/quote]
XP. I noticed it usually happens when I have at least 2 internet windows open, and music playing. It's also a laptop. A Dell. If that helps.

I've had it since November and it's only in the past month or so that it's been doing this. :unsure:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Colleen' date='Jun 13 2004, 02:51 AM'] XP. I noticed it usually happens when I have at least 2 internet windows open, and music playing. It's also a laptop. A Dell. If that helps.

I've had it since November and it's only in the past month or so that it's been doing this.  :unsure: [/quote]
How much memory? Also, does the Battery get really hot? I have seen laptops get too hot and shut down as a result.

Make sure that the plug is fully inserted into the battery.

Also, you might scan for both viruses and spyware. First, look and see if you got the Blaster Worm, and if that is not the case, look around for spyware. Use AdAware or Spybot.

Hope that helps

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 13 2004, 01:01 AM'] How much memory? Also, does the Battery get really hot? I have seen laptops get too hot and shut down as a result. [/quote]
I think it's 256.

Yeah, I think it has to do with how hot it gets. But the thing is, it hasn't been doing that until fairly recently. Before, I could leave it on for a pretty long time and do all that stuff, and it'd be fine. But not now. Could there be something wrong with the fan do you think?

Soldier4Him

Mine is XP as well. It did that whole shut down thing too until I got rid of a worm it had. Go to the windows update thing, that'll tell you how to fix it. Anywho, I tried mine again. Now it won't even open the help center......or shut down!!!!!!!! I told you, this ----> :pebcam: :pebcam: :pebcam: is what it's doing! I can't run it in safe mode if I can't get to the help center! Is there another way to access safe mode????? Should I take my hard drive to the computer doctor? :stretcher: :doc:
Is there such a thing? Is it DEAD?!?!?! :funeral: HELP!!!! :surrender: Maybe it's possesed..... :pitchfork: NOOOO! :bugeyes: I dunno what to do.... :scratch: :sadder: My comp is :ill:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

[quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 13 2004, 01:04 AM'] Mine is XP as well. It did that whole shut down thing too until I got rid of a worm it had. Go to the windows update thing, that'll tell you how to fix it. [/quote]
No, I don't think it has a worm. I've done Windows update and all that. I've scanned it on adaware numerous times. So I don't know what the problem is. :blink: