An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Novices - Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa, CA

das8949

June 12, 2015
Feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
Two New Novices:  Sister Maria Serra of Our Lady of Guadalupe & Sister Margaret Mary of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart

2569340_orig.jpg

Front Row:  Sister Caritas Marie, Sister Mary Rose, Sister Maria Serra
Middle Row:  Sister Mary Vianney, Sister Maria Faustina, Sister Margaret Mary
Back Row:  Mother Teresa Christe, Sister Marie de Lourdes

Thank you for sharing this lovely news. Srs. Maria Serra  & Margaret Mary look so very happy with their sisters in this joyful Community.

Mary+Immaculate<3

That is great! Why do some have a Sacred Heart patch on? Are they the ones whose religious name includes the Sacred Heart? Also, I thought I remember a phatmasser having joined there, am I wrong in this? I'm sorry if it's "banned" to ask that, it is not intentional.

Mary+Immaculate<3

That is great! Why do some have a Sacred Heart patch on? Are they the ones whose religious name includes the Sacred Heart? Also, I thought I remember a phatmasser having joined there, am I wrong in this? I'm sorry if it's "banned" to ask that, it is not intentional.

truthfinder

I was wondering the same thing about the patches. They seem to be a new addition to the habit (particularly of those who have made vows)?

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I think they are wearing them for the month of the Sacred heart.
It's good to see them growing and I like the blue and white habit but the veil? hmm.

IgnatiusofLoyola

​I don't think it is "banned" to ask if a former Phatmasser is a member of a Community, but the answer you'll get will likely depend on the specific Phatmasser. Some Phatmassers have wanted to be more private about the Communities they have entered than others. Also, someone could respond to your question with a PM if they felt the Phatmasser might not want their identity posted publicly, but wouldn't mind a PM. 

All that said, I don't remember at all if any Phatmassers have entered this particular Community. Sorry. 

It's good to see them growing and I like the blue and white habit but the veil? hmm.

​I asked the question on their Facebook page and this is the answer i received: The little symbol you see is a badge of the Sacred Heart which we wear on our collars on the first Fridays of every month and on the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

NadaTeTurbe

​What is wrong with the veil ? It looks like normal... 

Mary+Immaculate<3

​I don't think it is "banned" to ask if a former Phatmasser is a member of a Community, but the answer you'll get will likely depend on the specific Phatmasser. Some Phatmassers have wanted to be more private about the Communities they have entered than others. Also, someone could respond to your question with a PM if they felt the Phatmasser might not want their identity posted publicly, but wouldn't mind a PM. 

All that said, I don't remember at all if any Phatmassers have entered this particular Community. Sorry. 

​Alright, good to know, thanks :)

Well I just dug up who this person is on the member search, and as far as the last post, she was entering "a community" very soon. However, in the group chat she was very open about how she was most likely entering the Marian sisters, so I'm not sure. Anyone who remembers this person could PM me if you want, I won't say her username to keep it confidential.