An Old School Catholic Message Board

Founder of LifeTeen Excommunicated

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/lifeteen_founder_msgr._dale_fushek_excommunicated/

Phoenix, Ariz., Dec 16, 2008 / 07:23 pm (CNA).- Bishop of Phoenix Thomas J. Olmsted has issued a decree of excommunication to Monsignor Dale Fushek, founder of LifeTeen, and Father Mark Dippre for their establishment of and leadership in an "opposing ecclesial community."

Very unfortunate, but knowing what I do about LifeTeen, I'm not exactly surprised.

PhuturePriest

Very weird. This is apparently a very old news article, but it came up in CNA's Facebook feed as if it had just happened recently. 

He is Risen!

I remember Bishop Olmstead from when he was in Wichita, he was faithful and it was sad to see him leave for AZ.  I know that this decision was probably made very prayerfully and wisely.  Still though, a sad thing, I hadn't heard about this.

PhuturePriest

I remember Bishop Olmstead from when he was in Wichita, he was faithful and it was sad to see him leave for AZ.  I know that this decision was probably made very prayerfully and wisely.  Still though, a sad thing, I hadn't heard about this.

​I am also in the Wichita diocese. Bishop Olmstead is a stellar Bishop.

veritasluxmea

Yes, unfortunately the poor man has not be reconciled with the Church yet. He lives in Phoenix as a non-Catholic. Fortunately LifeTeen has done well (better?) without him and has an excellent board of directors like Fr Christ Martin. 

PhuturePriest

Yes, unfortunately the poor man has not be reconciled with the Church yet. He lives in Phoenix as a non-Catholic. Fortunately LifeTeen has done well (better?) without him and has an excellent board of directors like Fr Christ Martin. 

​Father Anointed One... I like it.

veritasluxmea

​that was supposed to be Chris :| 

dominicansoul

I don't get how excommunication works on priests, but they are still priests forever, correct?

...such a very sad story, they need so many prayers...

PhuturePriest

I don't get how excommunication works on priests, but they are still priests forever, correct?

...such a very sad story, they need so many prayers...

​The Sacrament of Holy Orders has an indelible mark upon the soul, so yes, they are still priests no matter what. They've just lost their faculties and have been separated from the Church.

Not A Mallard

Fr Chris Martin. 

​LifeTeen is now being run by Coldplay? This could be para...para...paradise!

Edited by Not A Mallard

veritasluxmea

​I know. :|

what if you know I knew you knew :| 

​LifeTeen is now being run by Coldplay? This could be para...para...paradise!

​this phorum I swear